Which Claus Porto bar soap should I get?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
chris1978

Which Claus Porto bar soap should I get?

Post by chris1978 »

I was searching on the net at lafcony.com and looking at between the 12 oz bars aoap with different scents and the 5.2 oz smaller soap which is classico and fantasia with different scents.

I don't know know what I should I get. I have a list below:

Vetyver

Almomd

Citron Verbena

Lime Basil

Red Poppy

Rosa

Tuberose

Almond Milk

Please help me.

Chris A
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Chris I believe I've tried them all except the Tuberose and Lime Basil. The Red Poppy is unique and all of them work very well, differing only in scent, so buy the scents you like.

The Vetyver has the distinction of being the only bath soap I have ever thrown away and that was after one use. Be sure you're a vetyver fan before spending money on this one.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

As Squire said, since you've narrowed it down to Claus Porto you are now dealing with scent preference....which is very personal. Myself, I favoured the Almond and the Lavender, back when I used to use them.
Regards,
Gordon
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Gordon, Squire, how intense (if that's the right term) were the CP scents that you've tried? The almonds I've sampled by smell, at least from other soapmakers, always seemed a bit subtler than other fragrances in the same line.
Last edited by rsp1202 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ron, On the whole, the scents of the Claus Porto bath soaps are quite marked. Their Almond is not a light, nor a foodie, type scent. Difficult to describe, but 'rich' and 'gentlemanly' seems to fit. The intensity of their Lavender soap was on a par with the better lavender soaps from England.
Regards,
Gordon
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Ron, the scents are there in a European sophisticated sort of way without being heavy. Just pick out what seems appealing and stay away from the oversize bars, those big honking rascals can damage a toe when dropped in the shower.
Regards,
Squire
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

SO I will try the smaller one 5.2 oz bar not the big one has 12.3 oz.

I think the smaller bar is better than the large bar because you never know how long the bars lasts. The smaller bars 5.2 oz is about two months than the large ones. The 12.oz bars is lasted about 3-4 or 5 months.

I'm going to get the smaller one for now and let see how it goes.

The big bars will drop on toes and hurt. 5.3 oz bars is better and easy to hold on your hard.

Does anyone have Classico or Fantasia from Claus Porto?

Does the soap is creamy to lather and moisturing on your body?

Chris A
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Yeah, those big Claus Porto bars can do real damage if dropped on one's foot. I prefered the 'smaller' bars as well, seeing as how they're the size of a normal 'bath' soap anyway....plenty substantial. The only problem was that with the 5.2 oz. bars, you had to buy them in sets of three, they were not sold individually. I don't know if that's still the case.
Regards,
Gordon
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

I recall a post about the tobacco Porto soap a couple of years ago, and it sounded very appealing. I had - and still do have - too many bath soaps as is, but I was poking around the Web looking for that bar - which was spelled "Tobaco" or "Tabaco" as I recall...anyway, it looks as though it's been discontinued, but there is something called Fantasia Tobacco Blossom...is this the same scent? Anyone tried it?

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
buster

Post by buster »

Chris, I have used the Deco Lime Basil and liked it very much. I had the big bar and it lasted months. It's a very manly, marine-type scent if I remember. It sorta reminded me a bit of Irish Spring, but better. Very fresh and invigorating.

-Carrick
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Tim, it's not the same. Check with Paul at Connaught's. He has a rather ample supply of that soap.
Regards,
Jani
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Jani, thanks.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau