New Hair "pomade"

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
chrisisconnorsdad

New Hair "pomade"

Post by chrisisconnorsdad »

I will use pomade for lack of a better word but it is really not what I am looking for. I currently use Pantene's white hair styling stuff (that comes in a little tub) becuase wal mart stopped selling the orange version. It is about $4 for 1.7 oz. I dont really like this stuff but it works and is cheap compared to the American Crew Fiber I used to use (about $17 for 3oz). I am looking for a better product than the Pantene but cheaper (per oz) than the American crew.

Any suggestions? (like I need to ask...)
Chris
------------
I step out of the shower, steaming up the place
Wipe off the mirror, shave my baby face
Can't help but smile, hey what can I say
I got my game on
-Trace Adkins
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Chris, I have some Cool Grease that, heck, you pay the shipping, Ill send it to you. It has medium hold and a medium to high shine and since I have fine and thinning hair, it was the best for me. I am using a wax and fiber now so if you had the Crew, we could trade even. I have a thread up on the Sales forum which pictures the Cool Grease and I even have some fiber that is not as much hold as I would like pictured as well.
JoeDizzy

Post by JoeDizzy »

Most folks like their hair a certain way, having said that, after years of searching for a hair product that suits me. Not sticky or heavy and has a medium hold, I have been using Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade for over ten years. It comes out of the bottle white and milky. A pea size amount will do. Spread in hands and then through hair. Not much of a scent but it goes on like silk and leaves ur hair extra soft. Nothing else out there like it.
Joey
Araner

Post by Araner »

Try a little dab of Brylcreem.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Brylcreem is indeed a very fine product. Cheap and easy to find.
Regards,
Jani
CJS

Post by CJS »

Everyman Jack has pomade and fiber cream products on their website for $8 each (2.65 oz.) If you have a Target near you, however, they seem to always be on clearance. I got my EMJ pomade for $5 a few days ago. It works almost as well as the American Crew pomade.
-Chris

"I'm sorry, I thought this was America!"
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

Last edited by joe mcclaine on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Jani, oh yes, Brylcreem. It's all I will use, although the Trumper's pomade IS fabulous, albeit pricey.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Gareth, the Trumper's Pomade is very fine. Unfortunatly rather prohibitive because of the cost. I actually discovered Brylcreem rather recently. If I had known when I was younger!
Regards,
Jani
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Jani, the Trumper pomade is indeed quite prohibitive in terms of price. It is however one of the best I've ever used, and I adored the scent (rose I recall).

Brylcreem is, however, an extremely good and cheaper alternative.
Bear34

Post by Bear34 »

Which Brylcreem? There were multiple choices of various Brylcreem hair products that I saw...don't want to choose the wrong one.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Bear34 wrote:Which Brylcreem? There were multiple choices of various Brylcreem hair products that I saw...don't want to choose the wrong one.
The red and white tube.
Regards,
Jani
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Brylcreem can be a difficult product to buy because the packaging seems to change every couple of months. It seems that way anyway, and it's easy to get mixed up.

Gareth
D.Irving79
The Great Lord Protector of the SE!

Post by D.Irving79 »

vaseline. just buy a few more pillow cases.
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Dave, nice to see you back.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Sargon

Post by Sargon »

for light hold, a tonic will serve well. If you want something heavier ( which it sounds like), lanolin creme-oils such as gables creme-oiul or master well groom ( like wildroot except they go in easier) might be up your alley.
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

Groom and Clean!
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

brothers

Post by brothers »

For a pomade, I would get Murray's. That's just me, but that's what I'd do! I haven't used a pomade in a very long time! I still have hair though, just not enough to require much more holding power than Vitalis these days.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
cvc

Post by cvc »

Skip Murray's.. That stuff doesn't wash out.. Try Layrite.. It holds really well and washes out very easy like a gel..
brothers

Post by brothers »

cvc wrote:Skip Murray's.. That stuff doesn't wash out.. Try Layrite.. It holds really well and washes out very easy like a gel..
I have no problem with this advice. Being able to wash it out is certainly a positive to consider! :lol:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444