Unusual Penhaligons find ( for women )

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Unusual Penhaligons find ( for women )

Post by L. Martino »

Hiya,

Well, you never know what will turn up at some of these garage and estate sales. Here's a bottle of "Jubilee Bouquet" that I picked up for a very reasonable price. Sigh........ yeah, it's a female type scented body lotion(6.7 ounce bottle), so I don't get to use it on myself. Sad eh?

It's NIB, and still sealed in the plastic......no way to get any sorta whiff of the stuff. Heh, Basenotes has some info on this product(various notes), but no one's ever reviewed it. I did a little reading and it was discontinued in 1993.

I'm thinking this may be Ebay material.....gotta be a few people willing to spend some cash on a pretty rare offering.

Hope you enjoy the pics,

Martin

druphus

Post by druphus »

I'm guessing, with that extensive ingredient list, its something manufactured relatively recently.

Someone more knowledgable, like Gordon - which is not to imply he uses women's body lotion :) - will have to identify this for you.
Regards,
Andy
druphus

Post by druphus »

Here you go Martin:

http://www.perfumeintelligence.co.uk/li ... enhali.htm

Apparently discontiunued in 1993.
Regards,
Andy
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Post by L. Martino »

druphus wrote:Here you go Martin:

http://www.perfumeintelligence.co.uk/li ... enhali.htm

Apparently discontiunued in 1993.
Andy, thanks for posting that link. Yeah, sounds like it could smell pretty good, and the Basenotes description has the notes broken down even more.

Heh, I really don't expect anyone to have any first hand sniffing of this stuff, but just figured it was a sorta interesting find.

Martin
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Good Lord!....WHO put THAT list together?! William Penhaligon was born in 1948?! ( okay fine, we'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was simply a typo and they meant 1848 ), but Cornubia was created in 1910?! Er.....I don't think so, no. Penhaligon's was a full blown barber shop still in 1910....he did not do ladies' scents....which Cornubia most blatantly is. No, it was created by Sheila Pickles' perfumers, Shirley Brody, or whoever followed her, in the 1980s or early '90s. And there are other gross errors like this on that list as well.

About Jubilee, it was clearly created in honor of a Royal celebration of a certain number of yeas that Elizebeth II was on the throne....this is what 'Jubilee' connotes in England since Victoria's day. So, 1983 perhaps?...or 1993? The bottle of lotion that you have is definately from later than 1988 because it carries The Prince of Wales Warrant, and that was not granted until that year. I don't recall if I've ever smelled Jubilee although it was listed in the earliest Penhaligon catalogues that I had ( which I no longer have, unfortunately ). My sense always was that it was a pretty intense feminine floral, but I could be mistaken.
Regards,
Gordon