Best Bar Soap For Face?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

It may be that you are washing too often/too hard/too carefully. Use less soap less often - just enough to get the dirt off and no more.
Sabre

Post by Sabre »

The Original Pears as mentioned above has been reformulated, have you tried Neutrogena? I can't recall the product ingredients.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

FWIW, Neutrogena was very drying to my face. I've had by far the best luck with high quality, triple milled, superfatted, tallow based soaps. Sad to say that there are very few of these left, whereas just a few years back, when this forum was younger, there were quite a number of them.
Regards,
Gordon
Gene

Post by Gene »

I like the Kirk's Castile, too.

Picked up a 3-pack quite some time ago...their ingredient list seems simple and it is all natural. They claim it will lather in the hardest water...I have split a bar in half and traveled a bit with it...and it has always performed well.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

You mentioned that you have used Musgo Real soap. Was this the Glyce Lime soap or one of their other offerings? I use the Glyce Lime as a face wash and find it works great for me. Of course, YMMV.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

soapbuddy wrote:I would recommend trying an unscented got's milk soap...
Last time I was in Big Lots (December) I picked up some Quebec goat's milk soap called Canus.

It doesn't lather well enough for my taste, but maybe it will be of help to you.
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed