Black & White Pluko Pomade

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Gareth
Taylorman

Black & White Pluko Pomade

Post by Gareth »

I recently managed to find a 200g pot of this hard to find (atleast UK shops) pomade and was really very impressed. It's light, but holds my short hair well and washes out very easily indeed. It also has a very nice fragrance which isn't too heavy going.

I would like to continue using this pomade when I've finished this tub, but I have so far found it to be quite difficult to get hold of unless via the internet.

Gareth
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gareth, Who makes it?...where is it made?
Regards,
Gordon
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

American hair pomade for over a hundred years. Since 1922 in Memphis. Brand is actually "Black & White"...with the nickname of 'Pluko'. Many English seem to be more aware of it than Americans funny enough. It was very popular in Jamaica(once was marketed to 'Afro-Carib'. men)...they might of carried-on using as they immigrated to England in 50's, 60's. Nonetheless it was exported there along with the whole Coca-Cola, Rock & Roll, Elvis, Hollywood of the post war period and is kind of a 'cult' product. It smells of coconut oil and is a fantastic hair styling product. If you have fine or oily hair use the 'Lite' version. I'm not sure if Sally Beauty carries it...is widely available though.

Best,
Fitch
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Re: Black & White Pluko Pomade

Post by Bargepole »

Gareth wrote:... I have so far found it to be quite difficult to get hold of...

Gareth
Superdrug generally have it. Boots', too, often.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Michael - In the tub photographed above? The ones I have seen have always been in a tiny little tub which I thought was something different.

Gareth
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

I've seen that size in Boots and Superdrug. There's a smaller one, too. But if it says Black & White Genuine Pluko (which leads me to wonder what _fake_ Pluko might be) in black lettering on a white tub, then that's the stuff.

Get the shampoo, too, if you can. It's a bit buggardly to wash out.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

In my own backyard??? And here, I was having to go to Japan to find Cool Grease!!!! Does it show what company, as I could go locate it
cvc

Post by cvc »

I believe Elvis used this product.