Musgo Soap

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Wow, old thread. I'll be the naysayer in one sense: the scent is NOT the same for the newer Musgo Soaps vs the old the tallow bars. At least this was the case about 5 years ago. At that time I ordered every Musgo Real bar that was tallow based in sight and stock piled them. I received a few palm based bars in the process and the scent was definitely altered A LOT. I returned the palm bars for this reason alone and never tried any.

That said I can believe they perform similar because I have used the Floris 89 bath soap and it is an excellent performer even though it's palm based. And I did not experience any skin irritation issues with the Floris even over the long haul, which is not something I can claim for other brands I've tried that were palm based. The lather though was not quite as rich as the tallow stuff I've used.

So if you like it, use it! Just know it's not quite the quality of the old stuff.

Chris
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

P.S. I can't speak to the stuff Sam linked to except to say I've asked the purveyors several times over the years to send me the ingredients list and almost every time they've refused, save one. The one time they did give me the ingredients it was palm based and I pointed out that it's not the soap of old. The response was not very receptive.

Chris