Head Shavers?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Vern

Head Shavers?

Post by Vern »

Any head shavers out there? I use straights on my face, but made a mess of it on my head. What do you use?

Vern
Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
AZShaver

Post by AZShaver »

I have never tried a straight, but have used de, mach 3 and sensor. My best result is with the sensor. The handle is long enough, the cartridge floats over bumps etc and maintains the correct angle. Unlike the mach 3, the head isn't too bulky around the ears.
A brand x sensor cartridge lasts a month of head shaves.
CVS still has sensors available.
Jim
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

fusion for me

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

Last edited by joe mcclaine on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timpac

Post by Timpac »

much agree that shaving the head is very different from face shaving. For myself, I find the headblade easy and quick for an excellent shave. I use the sport version with the twin-blade sensor excel cartridges (or similar off-brand). They have a few types of headblade and there are about 4 or 5 different cartridge types that can be used between them, providing a bit of a customizable experience that way. Also, anyone famililar with the DE maxim to apply no pressure is one step ahead of the occasional horror stories you hear about the headblade. You'll only cut yourself with the thing if you're pressing down on it and it flips forward over the nose. It shaves better and is safer when using a light touch. I also use the headslick shave cream because of the slickness of it. it whips up well with a brush, or can be lathered well with a hand, making it versatile and providing a wonderful glide over the scalp. I know I sound like an ad, but I have found that greater slickness is a benefit on the head, and that product is as slick as it comes. worth trying with a DE, fusion, straight, headblade, etc.
Vern

Post by Vern »

Thanks, men. I believe I still have a Mach 3 in a drawer. I also have some creme o cream which I tried once on my face. It also was very slick, but just did not do a thing for me emotionally. I'm liking the shaved head look over the thinning hair horse shoe. Just need to get the right tools for the job.

Vern
Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
malocchio

real shave

Post by malocchio »

I have been using a pro barber clipper , the oster classic 76 and a 0000 blade and a 00000 blade for really close shaves...if the blade is properly set you will never get irritation,nicks or burns...my clipper is 23 years old and still like new...
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Vern wrote:Thanks, men. I believe I still have a Mach 3 in a drawer. I also have some creme o cream which I tried once on my face.
Definitely a combination worth a try.

With the curvature of the top of one's head, and the inability to flatten it for shaving (not without causing a bit of discomfort anyway), :) an automatic-pivot razor has a big advantage. However, some people do quite successfully use straights or non-pivoting safety razors on their head. You need a razor you trust, that's for sure. Trying out a brand-new straight or DE on your head, before getting comfortable with it on your face, is probably tempting fate a little too much.
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

I once shaved mine with a Feather Artist Club razor loaded with a brand new Professional blade - possibly the scariest combination known to man.

Took me about half an hour and made me sweat a little.

Fusion + Noxzema foam = 2 minutes.

No brainer.
paperpundit

Post by paperpundit »

I like the Hydro and skin conditioner. I liked the HeadBlade, but mistakes with it were far too bloody...
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I like the Hydro
I think im going to give it a whirl when i can find one on sale....a real sale that is. when they first came out it was all coupon bs

clive
paperpundit

Post by paperpundit »

My local Target had them pretty cheap a while back, and the heads last forever.
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

and the heads last forever.
:shock: :shock:

Good to know us head shavers are immortal

clive
ChemErik

Post by ChemErik »

I'm in the minority who likes a DE on my head. A mild razor is definitely my choice - Tech, Weishi, and Gillette Adjustables set low are my favorites. One pass ATG where I don't have much hair left; 2 passes on the rest of my head. I lather with whatever I'm using on my face that day.
84.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.