Thayer's Toners (Cucumber)

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Mint

Thayer's Toners (Cucumber)

Post by Mint »

I'm quite pleased with Thayer's skin toner with witch hazel.

I've tried every scent, at least once.

Personally, I find their rose scent actually missed the mark a bit... The Lavender is actually fairly decent though. I would have to say I prefer the original formula the most though.

So recently I picked up a batch of the new cucumber...

The first thing I noted on closer inspection of the bottle were tiny particles floating in the liquid. Like very fine brown-yellow-white-ish flakes.

I'm working under the assumption that the bottle was contaminated somehow.

However, if this is normal, I can certainly say the cucumber has a hint of sun screen to the scent.

Has anyone else experienced this with the cucumber toner?
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

I've ordered a bottle of it and I think it's arriving today. I'll let you know as soon as I've tried it.
Regards,
Jani
95%

Post by 95% »

Jani, please do report. I wasn't aware of the Cucumber. The alcohol-free Rose and Lavender toners are nice, and so is the Peach with 10% alcohol.
Porter
Mint

Post by Mint »

I thought the peach was more of an astringent? Perhaps I'm mistaken.

The cucumber is a new product... I'm really hoping I have a spoiled batch, because I like cucumber, and don't wear flowery scents very well, so an alternative to the original, which sells out very fast, would be great.
95%

Post by 95% »

The Peach, unlike the alcohol-free toners, is labeled as an astringent, perhaps because of its alcohol content. However, in my experience all witch hazels perform more or less the same. The Thayers products just smell nicer, which makes them worth the extra cost IMO.
Porter
Mint

Post by Mint »

I figured the astringent had a higher concentration of witch hazel.

Oh well, great products anyways...

Quite frankly for the length of time a bottle lasts, I wouldn't call this stuff expensive by any means.

I should note however that the particles in my toner has turned to a brown film at the bottom of the bottle, so I definitely got a bad batch...

Keep an eye out and check your bottle before you apply it. I wouldn't wanna go spreading mould or bacteria around on my face.
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

Have used the cucumber frequently. Although it's not my favorite scent it is as true to it's namesake as any of the other Thayer's witch hazels; probably more.
Actually in addition to using as an aftershave chaser I dip a Q-tip into the bottle to clean my ears. It really works well. It's a very nice clean but uninvasive scent.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Porter, the Cucumber is a pleasure to use. Very fresh scent that dissipates within seconds. I've used it for a couple of days now and I would not hesitate to purchase again. I would love to try the Lemon and Rose and think I just might this summer.
Regards,
Jani
95%

Post by 95% »

Jani, then I'll keep an eye out for the cucumber and the lemon as well. I buy these at my Whole Foods store, which never has a complete selection of the Thayers but always has a few.
Porter