Vinolia soap

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Clive, Glad to hear it....it is nice ain't it ( chuckle ). The scent IS very old fashioned and may take a little getting used to, but as Ron said, I suspect that it will grow on you. Enjoy!
Regards,
Gordon
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

fallingwickets wrote:The scent is taking bit of time to get used too, but I used it tonight in the shower and I can tell why people love the stuff. The soap lathers really well, rinses beyond belief and leaves the skin feeling wonderful. I actually feel rejuvenated right now even though weighed down by one to many delicious becks :lol: :lol: :lol:

many many thanks

clive
if it helps send the soap, or the beck's. down here.
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Tried another new-formulation bar today and found I have no further issues with it (damn the hard water from before). So it's not the original, oh well. Good stuff, anyway.
Ron
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ron, There you go...glad to hear it. That's my take as well; it's not quite the same, and given my druthers I'd have preferred that they'd let it alone, but the current version is still fine with me.
Regards,
Gordon
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Fingers crossed they don't muck with it any more, Gordon. Including price.
Ron
aircraft_electrician

Post by aircraft_electrician »

I've recently received a bar of the new Vinolia from Clive; a most generous gesture on his part...thank you Clive!

I used it for the first time yesterday morning and I'm impressed. I've been using Casswell-Massey's lime bath soap for quite a while now, and Vinolia's lather is right on par, and a bit easier to rinse.

The scent is hard to nail down, but it's very pleasant. I can definitely smell a touch of citrus and citronella, but it has a slightly floral note as well.

Thanks again to Clive; I will definitely be enjoying this soap for quite a while.

Tom
A razor is a good deal like a gun, much depends on the man behind it - paraphrased from John Philip Sousa

ALWAYS wear a helmet when on 2 wheels; a helmet saved my life on 1Oct2007!
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

My pleasure Tom and again, welcome back to the land of the living :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Chris (DR MOSS) graciously gifted a bar. I have a Musgo and Pre de Provence from Bullgoose in rotation and love them both. The packaging alone would have sold a bar if I found it locally. I've used it once and am a convert.
My nephew picked it up and smelled it, gazed at my glass bottles of aftershaves,badgerbrush,razor and commented " It all looks like something Hercule Poirot would use."
d'accord!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

KAV, Ah!....you got a fine compliment then. Indeed so.
Regards,
Gordon
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I just replaced my first bar, so about 60 days give or take.....best $3 per month spent ever

clive
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Clive, Sixty days is darned good. Mine last about a month with me showering daily and my wife a few times a week.
Regards,
Gordon
druphus

Post by druphus »

I only get a month. I'll bet Clive has nice soft water! :)
Regards,
Andy
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Andy, Guess so. He says his shave soaps last for years apiece ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

i hate my water.....wish i had that hard toxic stuff again LOL

clive
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Im unpacking a new bar this weekend....2 months seems to be how long it lasts for me. Still loving it

clive
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Clive, Well, be grateful because as you can see above, one month seems more the norm. Yeah, I tried a couple of other soaps a few weeks ago and while I'm sure that they're perfectly good products they just did not leave my skin as happy as the Vinolia ( didn't smell as nice and quietly classy either ), so I ordered up several more cakes of the Vinolia....I'm spoiled, there's no getting around it ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Gordon, just out of curiosity....when you order, do you order locally or from the UK? Ive done both and cant say for sure which is better.....as far as I can tell uk ordering saves a little bit on shipping but local IE amazon (for me) offers peace of mind should something go wrong

clive
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Clive, Well, I used to buy it locally at our C-M shop ( since closed ), but now that I have to mail order it I've been using The Soap Opera in Madison, Wisc. The only other US source that I know of is The Vermont Country Store. Both are pricey, but The Soap Opera gives one a little bit of a break on shipping if one orders a larger number of cakes. I don't believe that I've ever ordered any from overseas.
Regards,
Gordon
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

many thanks Gordon I'll give them an order and hopefully will be as happy as you :lol:

clive
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

follow up,,,,will be sticking to my current vendor in the name of a buck saved, but all was not for nought: I found richards ducks!! hahahahaha

http://www.thesoapopera.com/cgi-bin/sca ... id=6387374

clive