Hair Tonic/Gel

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Chaps

Hair Tonic/Gel

Post by Chaps »

I am letting my hair grow out. I have kept it buzzed since early spring. I am probably going to keep the sides and back cropped fairly close...not a high and tight, but tapered. My problem area is always the top. I don't mind letting it grow, but once it reaches a certain length, it takes on a life of its own. Do any of you use a hair tonic or gel to keep your hair in place and professional looking. I am not really talking the "wet" look, just neat. I may just keep the top cut close too (enough to part and brush...military style).

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

Perhaps this thread has a thought or two:

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43876

I used this stuff back in my youth when Christ was a coporal:

http://www.goantiques.com/scripts/image ... 81631.html
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Thanks, Tony.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
JimDandy

Post by JimDandy »

I like the Pinaud Clubman gel, Danny. Work it through damp hair, comb, let it dry and then comb it again for a nice, natural look. Doesn't flake and at about $7.00 Cdn. for a 16 oz jar, it's one heck of a deal.

Regards,

Les
Perhaps one day we'll look back on this moment and crash into a parked car.
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

JimDandy wrote:I like the Pinaud Clubman gel, Danny. Work it through damp hair, comb, let it dry and then comb it again for a nice, natural look. Doesn't flake and at about $7.00 Cdn. for a 16 oz jar, it's one heck of a deal.

Regards,

Les
Thanks, Les. I do like Pinaud Clubman Talc and A/S. Is the gel scent like the A/S?

Danny
Danny

JimDandy

Post by JimDandy »

I'd say it's a light variation of the scent, Danny. It isn't really strong enough to make any difference in what cologne I use on any given day.

Regards,

Les
Perhaps one day we'll look back on this moment and crash into a parked car.
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

JimDandy wrote:I'd say it's a light variation of the scent, Danny. It isn't really strong enough to make any difference in what cologne I use on any given day.

Regards,

Les
I think I will give it a try.

Danny
Danny