Good Body Soap

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Good post. And I agree about the CB, TC. :wink:
Ron
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ron. At times (I do) start going-off on inconsequential causes. I just thought a very decent shave soap at $3 or $4 on shelves nationally was worth a "stab". Hell, if nothing else, contact them to request they bring back the Palmolive 'lather' cream once more.

It's not like I was asking for a tube of "Cashmere Bouquet" 'bear-grease' for the hair or anything.

**What's that sound**

That's me back in my corner....blasting my 'boom-box' and eating pork rinds...anyone got any problem with that?
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Since this is a skin care forum I am going to switch to a method that has worked very well for dry skin. I got this advice on one of the TV news shows where they have Drs. come on with advice. When you finish your shower, don't dry off until you have spread a film of lotion such as Jergens or Vaseline Intensive Care on. Then towel off as usual. The excess lotion will get on the towel of course but your dry skin problems will be relieved. I use one with a pump so I don't have to take any caps off. Try it. It will be more effective than switching soaps.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
95%

Post by 95% »

Wow, Pete, that sounds like a sticky business to me. Aren't there thinner alternatives, some kind of body oil? Sure it's kinky, but it might be more comfortable than a heavy cream like Jergens or Vaseline Intensive Care.

I simply bathe with an inexpensive shaving soap. It's less drying than regular detergent-based bath soaps.
Porter
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Porter

care to name names on the inexpensive soaps? many thanks

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
95%

Post by 95% »

Clive, I'm working on three Edwin Jagger soaps right now. I haven't even tried them for shaving but use them only as bath and hand soaps. When they are gone, I might pick up a cake of VDH or look at other second-tier shave soaps, perhaps at the artisan level if the price is right. I'm open to suggestions.
Porter
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Ok thanks for the info. Im going to give it a try......Im getting to old and impatient to deal with uber dry skin
de gustibus non est disputandum
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Actually the lotions I mentioned are not heavy, especially when you are wet. They dissolve in the water pretty much and so the film is very thin and mostly wipes off on the towel. The idea is to prevent the moisture that is already present in your skin from the shower from ever drying out. You do end up with messy towels though. Need to let them dry on a rack and wash without wadding them up to be sure to prevent spontaneous cumbustion. I wouldn't just let them lay in a pile for a week.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
JohnnyO_Jr

Post by JohnnyO_Jr »

I'm currently using Dove soap and I find it a tad too slimy. My back still feels slightly oily, so I feel the best solution is not what soap to use, but which bathroom brush scrubber you use. I bought a wood back brush from Bed Bath & Beyond, and now my skin is super clean and feels great throughout the entire day.

- JohnnyO
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

I am really enjoying using Yardley's Lavender. I have also found that this also makes a really good face soap. The occasional deep pimples that I have have about stopped.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...