A Vinolia soap benefit?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

A Vinolia soap benefit?

Post by fallingwickets »

Its been about 9 - 10 months since I last used a deodorant. It just sort of happened. I wasn't dating any one at the time, it was mid winter so not much sweating going on, and the dogs definitely didnt seem to care one way or the other and so i just said !&@$#* it, why bother using it, the stuff is total junk and probably not that good for you to begin with. Of course by the end of the day, even if others couldn't tell, self inspection revealed a bit of a scent! :-s :shock:

It might be a becks induced imaginary situation, but ever since I started using Vinolia soap I have noticed a complete change....hardly any body odour at all,,,even on rather hot active days.

Now I am curious. Have any of you gents that use this soap noticed a similar change?

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I can't say that I have actually tried to isolate this. I don't perspire as much under the arms unless it is either very hot outside (and I am outside) or unless I am doing something like running, sports or even working on the car washing it - like I know how to fix anything, lol.

I have noticed that my Mennen Speed Stick lately seems like it is still sticky and have had to take to using talc over the Speed Stick after 5 minutes of application. I may go to a cyrstal but I am tired of yellowing and have eliminated the aluminum and going with deodarants and not anti-perspirants.
Gene

Post by Gene »

I haven't tried an all soap solution, but I like the idea.

I switched to unscented deodorant/antiperspirant quite some time ago, and don't notice any yellowing on my T shirts. I like the Mitchum Gel myself.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

+1 for Mitchum Unscented gel.
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

The human body keeps a micro climate of 96.4 degrees just above the skin. Aside from B.O. and staining clothing I always thought it stupid to inhibit a needed bodily funcion. A first aid adage is 'dilution negates pollution' and I simply bathe daily and if hot slip off for a underarm wash.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Sam, In hot weather Speed Stick can feel a tad sticky upon application but I've found that that passes fairly quickly. To me, it's not a significent issue given the other virtues of the product. Regarding the Vinolia soap I can't say as I've noticed the special properties that Clive mentions but maybe I'm so used to it that I don't notice, or since I use Speed Stick anyway I've not noticed for that reason. But, in any case, it's still a damn fine bath soap although I would have prefered it if they'd left the formula alone.
Regards,
Gordon
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Anyone remember the old 5 day deodorant pads: The ones Goerge Carlin joked about people leaving on for 5 days? :lol: Rumour has it Paris Hilton used talcum powder but decided gum was a better excuse. :lol: