Grandpa's ???

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
jtpca

Grandpa's ???

Post by jtpca »

Any one tried their Pine Tar Soap or Shampoo? I am curious as there are some interesting claims on the curative properties of this stuff.
Jason

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. - Truman
malocchio

tar

Post by malocchio »

I used to use it all the time...they have now changed the formula,and I believe they now just use the aroma of the pine tar,real pine tar was proved to be carcinogenic awhile back,it was used in a lot of dandruff shampoos also.....they still sell grandpas,its in a black box now,but it is not the same formula
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

I went through a few bars last year. Good weekend soap. As to carcinogens, I found this. Check the Pine Tar Oil section. Shouldn't be an issue if it's creosote-free.
Ed
jtpca

Post by jtpca »

Interesting - I was unfamiliar with the carcinogen discussion. That aside, I understand the product performs well. I am hoping the shampoo may assist with itchy/dry scalp.
Jason

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. - Truman
Paddywhacked

Post by Paddywhacked »

I use it from time to time, I have both the shampoo and the soap bar. Scent lingers a bit, I use it before bed so I don't smell like it so much in the morning, and mostly when the girlfriend is out of town.
Eric
brothers

Post by brothers »

Sounds like a good product. If I happen to see a display sometime, I think I might buy a bar of it, just out of curiosity. I am thinking that my wife, and probably around 100% of all other females would rather not apply anything to their skin if it is associated with the word "Tar". But us guys like tar. At least I do, if I don't accidentally step in it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
liam34

Post by liam34 »

I have dry hair. I haven't use this Pine Tar Soap or Shampoo before. Will it be suitable for my hair?
greenerock

Post by greenerock »

I use the soap all the time. It's fantastic!!!!
Doug