Odd little Old Spice find

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Odd little Old Spice find

Post by L. Martino »

Hiya,

I recently ran across something I hadn't seen before, and had to make the purchase. I'm now the proud owner of three NOS Old Spice deodorant sticks in various flavors. I'd guess these were made in the mid to late 1980s.

The scent's strong on em all, so that part's good. Heh, no clue if I'll ever actually use one of the sticks, but you never know. It is kind of a kick sniffing those old fragrances which are still very evident after 25 years or so.

Maybe some of you will find the pics amusing,

Martin

Heh, I buy the goofiest stuff sometimes.

paydepst
Vendor

Post by paydepst »

I can vaguely remember the seeing the regular and the lime on the store shelves but the fresh is anew one. The lime was usually part of a gift set and I rarely saw it marketed individually.
Kind regards,
Mark

Shop www.superlather.com today for Irisch Moos,Erasmic,Palmolive,Gillette,Floid,La Toja,and more!!
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

You know your getting old when stuff from one's youth is 'amusing.'
I used 5 day deodorant pads in the military. If you had a suprise inspection wiping one on your shoes gave it a temporary shine. One guy actually thought you left the pads on for 5 days.
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Post by L. Martino »

KAV wrote:You know your getting old when stuff from one's youth is 'amusing.'.
Oh hell,

I already knew I was 'getting old', and thanks for the reinforcement....heh. You're right about what's amusing these days, and the 'amusing'in my previous post ' would be a quaint old geezerly grampa sorta thing. Heh, kind of a narrow market here maybe.

Thanks for the thoughts,

Martin
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

KAV wrote:I used 5 day deodorant pads in the military.
...One guy actually thought you left the pads on for 5 days.
I've never seen or heard of these. What DO you do?
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Martin, Oh sure, I remember them well. Was it really THAT long ago?....jeez!....scary.
Regards,
Gordon
brothers

Post by brothers »

5 Day deodorant pads. Yep! If I recall, the TV commercials showed a young lady post shower with the towels all wrapped and tucked, applying the only deodorant she was going to need for the next several days in a row. Just apply and toss! And take some extras with you, just in case. :wink:

Back to the OS Deodorants, Nice Find! I am a big fan of the vintage Old Spice products. Some of which are not easy to find now.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

They still sell the original stick here in some stores. It is very strongly scented and burns my armpits something rotten.

http://well.ca/products/old-spice-class ... _2827.html
Richard