PRODUCT WARNING!

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

PRODUCT WARNING!

Post by KAV »

I picked up a full 7 oz bar of Pre de Provence in vanilla bean from Phil.
The scent, like all I've tried is very nice.
However, the large BRICK is a handfull and I dropped it in the shower. It dropped squarely between my vulnerable toes. I leaned over to pick it up. The bar was unscathed. My shower floor has a dent not unlike photos of damaged dreadnaughts at Scapa Flow after Jutland. :shock:
brothers

Post by brothers »

Is it similar to the cannon that is on display near Yorktown battlefield, where the British cannonball bounced off the Yankee cannon just as Lafayette was standing, in the heat of battle? It is said that later on, as the cannon was displayed somewhere, Lafayette happened to see it and remarked, "is that the cannon that saved my life?"
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Deadlier!
The british best friend in combat seems the weather. Modern research shows the french charged down a rain soaked field at Agincourt and fell victim as much to a narrowing and declining field turned melee as longbows.
Again, at Waterloo Napoleon's vaunted artillary shot merely bogged in soggy fields.
In WW1 a Sopwith Pup engaged a zeppelin in rain. His gun jammed. A hammer was carrieed to beat the receiver and free stuck cartridges from cold or defect. It was to no avail. In frustration the pilot flung the hammer at the airship and seconds later found himself blown several hundred feet higher by a huge explosion.
The lesson, armed with french soap or other is to avoid combat with the brits in wet weather. :lol:
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Under the circumstances KAV, I suggest that you pass on the Claus Porto cakes then ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon
Mint

Post by Mint »

Hmmm... If I ever need to put a bar of soap in a sock, I'll remember this post... :)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yeah, I've still got a few bricks of that Claus Porto stuff but having dropped one in the shower they are now consigned to jacuzzi use only.
Regards,
Squire
diggity

Post by diggity »

Squire wrote:Yeah, I've still got a few bricks of that Claus Porto stuff but having dropped one in the shower they are now consigned to jacuzzi use only.
You are one smooth cat, Squire! =P~
Nathan