Another hair lotion / oil question

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
joe mcclaine

Another hair lotion / oil question

Post by joe mcclaine »

Quick question for anyone who might have an answer . . .

Can hair lotion / oil be used on facial hair - on say a ridiculously luxurious handlebar moustache?

Perhaps 'can' ought to be 'should'?

If the answer is yes - then what would I expect from it?

I've used every single moustache wax on the planet but almost all of them end up getting washed off an hour later.
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

It would do nothing more than add a bit of shine & scent. I have a link somewhere that is solely devoted to men's moustache pomades/waxes. I'll dig around and pm you it. They have very brief reviews of several. Give me a day or two or....

Best,
Fitch
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Vinny, type-in a search: oregonwildhair.com

My father has used this one for a number of years and say's it's the best he's ever used/found. When you get to the site click-on "about" at the upper-left of page. He is talking about exactly what you stated your 'issue' has been about drinks, washing-off etc.

Best,
Fitch
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

Thaks Fitch.

I've tried Oregon, Firehouse, Hndlebars (yep, that's how they spell it), Bounder's, Sterns, Skippy's and Wavy Gravy . . . or something, Dax Short and Neat and even my son's hair gel/wax.

All except the Stern's were very waxy.

Firehouse Dark, Firehouse Tacky and Stern's are my favourites.

Was just asking - just in case there was something else out there.
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Well, my fathers 'stache is not like the founder of Oregon....laugh. Your's looked to be along those lines ,not as bushy, as I recall.

One more that may be good for you from U.K. is Tony's from Wales. Do a search will find. Many people liked the Stern's, Firehouse and Oregon's from that site I referred.

Best,
Fitch
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Couple more 'items'. George Trumpers used to only sell Pinaud "Clubman" wax at their shops. I figured years ago they might of made their own certainly? I know ,because I had a moustache, and asked for them to put some of their wax in an order years back for me. I got the same stuff I could of bought at Wal-Mart for a few dollars less....sigh.

Let me ask you about another matter. Is the Original #74 A/S potent enough to use as a cologne? Have a good day.

Best,
Fitch
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

#74 aftershave strong enough to use as a cologne?

Well, if I've splashed on some #74 then I don't feel the need to put on cologne like I do with say AV or Bay Rum. I feel the same way if I use Brut, Old Spice or Denim - they are very much 'stand alone' scents without being as brash and bold as my cologne choices of Kouros and #88.

I have a shaved head though so I apply a little more product than most blokes would - and I only ever apply it to shaved areas - not the chest ot shoulders.

I haven't ruled out getting the cologne - when I need just a bit more oompf.
liam34

Post by liam34 »

Very good site for sharing. Thanks for the great topic.
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Glad it seemed useful Liam. If you have a moustache ,and want the link to the pomades/waxes, I'll send it to you via p.m. Welcome to SMF as well.

Best,
Fitch