Trumpers Sandalwood deodorant

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Flash G

Trumpers Sandalwood deodorant

Post by Flash G »

I´m very very happy with my D.R. Harris Arlington roll-on deodorant that I´ve been using for two years with out any form for irritation. Still, I was looking into a warmer scent that I would use during winter and thought about Trumper´s as I like the Sandalwood Skin Food and cologne.

So my question is if the deodorant´s fragrance is similar to the Skin Food/cologne or the shaving soap or the shaving cream?
Eric
95%

Post by 95% »

Eric, I don't know the answer to your question, but since nobody else has responded I thought I'd offer this for what it's worth.

I use only unscented deodorants (Mitchum's.) In my experience, scented deodorants are far too strong. Fragrance-free deodorants accomplish their purpose just as well, without interfering with whatever cologne I might choose to wear. I do apply a bit of scented talc over the deodorant for extra protection, but a high-quality talc's fragrance doesn't last long.

Edit: I've never tried a top-shelf deodorant, only drugstore brands like Old Spice. My assertion that scented deodorants are "strong" is based on that limited experience. For all I know, a Trumper deodorant may project its scent only for a short time.
Porter
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

Thanks Porter,
I used unscented deodorants for the same reasons as you, until I tried the Arligton. I also use the Arlington talc in the summer. The scent is fleeting and doesn´t clash, but you kan get a wiff of it during the day. I was hoping some of the sandalwood lovers would comment as I hope the scent would be close to the Skin Food/cologne.
Eric
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Don't forget the difference between deodorant and anti-perspirant. I've never ever seen unscented deodorant; I think it's like dehydrated water. Unscented anti-perspirant is common.
95%

Post by 95% »

I've always thought it was a distinction without a difference. Although, if I think it out, a deodorant should be a substance that removes or covers up odor, while an anti-perspirant prevents it (by blocking perspiration.)
Porter
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

95% wrote:I've always thought it was a distinction without a difference. Although, if I think it out, a deodorant should be a substance that removes or covers up odor, while an anti-perspirant prevents it (by blocking perspiration.)
That's exactly it. Anti-perspirants have an extra chemical that deodorants don't have.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

David, Well, I'm glad you pointed this out ( chuckle ). I saw it last night and decided to let it lie and see what happened. Of course; 'deodorants' have scent by definition. Anti-perspirants can be 'unscented'. After years of using them, I entirely quit anit-perpirants a number of years back. It got to the point where I had chronic skin irritation in my under arms. I went back to the basic deordorant I used in HS ( Mennen Speed Stick ) and haven't had a lick of trouble since.
Regards,
Gordon
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

bernards66 wrote:I went back to the basic deordorant I used in HS ( Mennen Speed Stick ) and haven't had a lick of trouble since.
There's your problem right there - you aren't supposed to lick it. :)