Sulfur soap

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
m3m0ryleak

Sulfur soap

Post by m3m0ryleak »

A recent episode of CSI featured some youg'uns night time skinny dipping
in a lake that had sulfur in its water. A character remarked that it was good for the complexion. I see that over at Joe's "shaveabuck" web site he's featuring a sulfur soap :

http://shaveabuck.com/cart/granados-sul ... p-399.html

Any truth to this, it's the first I've ever heard of this phenom ?.
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

KAVI (there are others) makes a sulfur soap for those with oily complexions/acne, etc. I tried it once and the scent lit up the bathroom like a scene from Dante's Inferno. Had to open a bowl of Trumpers's Almond soap (let loose the hounds, baby) to counter the fumes. While I noted no particular benefit, others have claimed the soap to be quite effective. Really, though, the scent is off-putting.
Ron
ATLpr8head

Post by ATLpr8head »

I ordered some soaps from an Ebay small artisan soap maker a little while ago and inquired about the sulfur soap. she sent me a free bar. Well.....it was sulfur! The girlfriend thought I had a terrible case of gas but I proved her wrong with the soap. I used the whole bar which lasted around 10 days. The scent did not linger long on the skin(but for a while in the bathroom). I honestly didnt notice a difference in my skin. Of course I have normal skin that is neither oily or dry. Hell....I cant tell the difference in any soaps to be honest but I guess I am just lucky. Bottom line, stay away unless you love the scent of sulfur.
suffolksupplies
Vendor

Post by suffolksupplies »

Omega have a Sulphur scent in their own brand soaps:

I haven't used one but the scent makes me think of fireworks.
Best regards,

Paul

Quality shaving products & toiletries from Connaught Shaving http://connaughtshaving.com
lanolite

Post by lanolite »

I bought some once and threw it away. It stank up the whole house.

If you've ever been to one of the old-fashioned mineral spring resorts such as French Lick in Indiana, you'll know what it smells like. Bloody awful. (Nice place otherwise!)
Araner

Post by Araner »

suffolksupplies wrote:Omega have a Sulphur scent in their own brand soaps:

I haven't used one but the scent makes me think of fireworks.
I've seen that soap at the Omega brush website, but I've never seen it sold anywhere.

Mike