Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Body moisturizer

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Body moisturizer

Post by Sam »

I had a container of American Crew Fiber that I was not liking, and so I returned it to Supercuts for credit. I had two actually and a month ago, traded one for the Paul Mitchell shaping cream with tea tree which I like better than the Fiber. Anyway, the stylist I use told me to try the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Body moisturizer. She had noticed that my scalp is clearer (psoriasis-wise) since I started using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars and was tanning in a tanning bed. She felt like the Hair and Body Moisturizer was a lighter product and would be like a leave in conditioner.

I take a pea-sized amount and apply it to my face and since it is wet out of the shower, it has more than enough to let me rub it into the wet hair and scalp. Yes, it conditions the hair, but it also makes for a good aftershave balm. I know tea tree has antiseptic properties and since I don't really get irritation, I have no idea if it helps razor burn, but at $12.99 for like 12 ounces, pretty cheap. And at the rate I am using it, it will take over a year or more to use up!! Kinda feels a bit waxy at first rub, but within 1 minute, no scent and silky skin. Worth a try if you are experimenting.
changabang

Post by changabang »

Have you tried the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo? Just wondering how that would compare to the Gianni I'm using now.
James Nicks
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Bang, I did, the lavendar one for hair thickening. Fine as far as shampoos but I wanted to get away from the sulfates, which I am told are detergents and strip oils. I have used tallow soaps for the body, and some of the palm/coconut oil ones, like Claus Porto, Vinolia, Caswell Massey, Castle Forbes, and others. Chagrin Valley on my scalp is doing me great, the lavendar and calendula for babies is very moisturizing (dont need any hair moisturizer after you use that) and the Nettle one now (no smell really but it says it darkens grey hair, promotes hair growth). I just know that one bar lasts me like 3 months and more and the proof is my stylist.
changabang

Post by changabang »

Thanks, Sam. Looks like I'll have to look into the Chagrin Valley products. :)
James Nicks
imurhuckleberry

Post by imurhuckleberry »

I have used the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree line and have been very pleased with it. I use the Hair and Body Lotion in the morning to help style my thinning hair and it works great. I would like to pick up the Palmade.....how has it performed for you?
"I have two guns, one for each of ya."