Sam...

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
changabang

Sam...

Post by changabang »

Thanks for your recommendation of Chagrin Valley soaps. After a wait of about a month, I finally received three soaps: " rhassoul clay and yogurt", "sea salt and seaweed", and "neem and tea tree", the latter of which I intend to try as a shampoo.
Will let you know how they work out. The intention is to deal with hair and complexion that tends to the oily. We'll see. That is all. Over and out.
James Nicks
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Is the neem the green bar? I got a sample of that and am liking it, but not as much as the lavendula and chammomile bar. THat acts like a conditioner and a shampoo all in one, but may be going a bit quicker. I think my small one ounce sample of the neem will last me another two months and then I have an oatmeal and honey one, and will use that. Next time, I will order the maximum number of bars that can ship in the small package, which I think is 4 or 5, and that should last me 18 months or so.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Nope, went to the web site. I got a sample of Nettle, not the neem and tea tree. I dont see my calendula and chamomile bar and the oatmeal one is not what is shown either. However, patchouli herb is right up my alley.
changabang

Post by changabang »

The neem is indeed the green bar. I won't be using that until my Suave "Rosemary and Mint" is used up.
But I AM going to use the "Sea Salt and Seaweed" bar tomorrow in the shower. It physically appears very gritty. Wonder how long it will last. The patchouli you mention sounds interesting. Maybe next time. :lol:
James Nicks
changabang

Post by changabang »

To follow up, I have now used the Sea Salt and Seaweed bar for showering, and on balance, I am impressed. The scent is very nice, and the soap itself is very gritty, yet yields sufficient lather. The downside is once the soap gets thin enough, it seems to suddenly self destruct.
I'm using the Neem and Tea Tree Oil soap for shampooing, and it seems to be doing a fine job in that respect. I can't say for sure, but it may be helping to clear up the acne that seems to occur on the back of my neck at the base of my hairline. Also, it rinses much cleaner than other bars I've used.
James Nicks
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Good for you. I have a honey oatmeal bar that I may use for the face but would rather find something else. Dont know if I will use it for my hair or not.
changabang

Post by changabang »

I ended up using the Neem & Tea Tree Oil soap in the shower and reinstituted the Giovanni Tea Tree liquid shampoo for the hair. Better combination that way, although the Neem bar doesn't last long . Will be order some more Neem from CF at some point; love the medicinal scent.
James Nicks
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I need to place an order but only want one to three bars. Have an oatmeal and honey one that I have not used, may need to trade it.