Lime Bath Soap Recommendations

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Craig_From_Cincy

Lime Bath Soap Recommendations

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I bought Royall Lymes bath soap a few weeks ago while in Chicago. While it has a nice scent (assuming that one likes the smell of Royall Lymes cologne), it's jus a so-so soap overall. Might anyone have a recommendation for a nice lime scented bath soap? I know that Caswell-Massey has one, but I've never sampled it. How is Trumpers? (On that note, how are Trumper's bath soaps in general? I've long wondered about their Spanish Leather & wild Fern bath soaps as well as the limes). I see that Barclay Crocker offers West Indian Lime soap, as well as a new St John's Lime soap. Has anyone tried any of them, or have another one that they like?
Cheers,

Craig
Araner

Post by Araner »

I’ve used Caswell-Massey’s Lime bath bar soap for years. Lasts a long time, smells like lime to me, it’s even the same color as a lime. Good lather cleans the skin without drying it and comes in a big 5.8 oz size.

Mike
Craig_From_Cincy

Thanks for the kind reply Mike, that's very helpful to hear!
Cheers,

Craig
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Craig, As you no doubt are already aware, there aren't that many of them. C-M soaps have never agreed with my skin and I've never thought that they were that good frankly, but clearly not everyone agrees. I've used the Trumper Limes bath soap a bit and always liked it, but I rarely bought it because for the price one used to be able to get the ( IMO ) even better Floris and Penhaligon soaps. None of these are as good as they used to be but for a definate 'lime' scented bath soap my vote would go to the Trumpers....if you don't mind the price. The T&H version I didn't like as much. I've not tried the St. John's version...in fact, I didn't know there was one.
Regards,
Gordon
ScottB

Re: Lime Bath Soap Recommendations

Post by ScottB »

Craig_From_Cincy wrote:I bought Royall Lymes bath soap a few weeks ago while in Chicago. While it has a nice scent (assuming that one likes the smell of Royall Lymes cologne), it's jus a so-so soap overall. Might anyone have a recommendation for a nice lime scented bath soap? I know that Caswell-Massey has one, but I've never sampled it. How is Trumpers? (On that note, how are Trumper's bath soaps in general? I've long wondered about their Spanish Leather & wild Fern bath soaps as well as the limes). I see that Barclay Crocker offers West Indian Lime soap, as well as a new St John's Lime soap. Has anyone tried any of them, or have another one that they like?
I got 6 bars of West Indian Limes soap from St. John's in my last order and will be trying it soon...as soon as this bar of Claus Porto Favorito is used up, the thing has been in my shower since February. Even a buffpuff doesn't make much of a dent in it.

Scott
buster

Post by buster »

Craig,

I just started in on some Pre de Provence Lime Zest that I picked up from Phil. Good lime scent and good lather, but dries my skin a bit compared to my Claus Porto. Overall, I like it, though, since I tend to have oily skin. I think it's just the thing for the upcoming sauna that is Tulsa in summertime.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.net/predeprbasol1.html

Regards,

Carrick
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Look no further than Truefitt and Hill's West Indian Limes bath soap. Outstanding in every respect. Lathers up wonderfully. Smells divine, and not at all like the shaving cream.

You can buy them individually or in a 3-pack. This is probably the best lime-scented soap on the planet.
"If we had steak, we could have steak and eggs, if we had some eggs."
Craig_From_Cincy

I had no idea that T&H offered a WIL soap, I used to buy their WIL shower gel (beofre I moved exclusively to bar soaps). Thanks for the heads up!
Cheers,

Craig
mikey

Post by mikey »

Although I personally have not used it, Claus Porto soap is highly recommended by others. Deco is their lime/basil scent. Milled seven times. 350g bar.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Mike
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Pre de Provence comes in a HUGE bit of scottish confetti ( a brick) that poses a very real hazard if dropped near toes :lol:
It's an excellent soap if you get along with shea butter; which does take extra effort to rinse.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Craig I like the Caswell Massey, Trumpers, T&H, QED lime if they still offer it, can't go far wrong with any of these.

I've used the Claus Porto line generally, just put out a cake in our office bathroom, and find them to be first rate.
Regards,
Squire
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

mikey wrote:Although I personally have not used it, Claus Porto soap is highly recommended by others. Deco is their lime/basil scent. Milled seven times. 350g bar.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Mike
I've tried the Claus Porto soaps, and although they are nice, I do not think they are as good as the T&H soaps. Just my opinion, by the T&H soap lathers a little better, skin feel is a little better.
"If we had steak, we could have steak and eggs, if we had some eggs."
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

I finally got a chance to try St. John's West Indian Limes Soap in the shower.

The scent is true to the AS/Cologne and smells great but is not overpowering. The soap (which does not have an ingredients label) is high quality and gives a thicker/richer lather than the Claus Porto that just preceeded it in my shower.

Very pleasant. I would buy it again.