Hair dressing, tonic, cream that won't clash w/ Pen's BB

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Antique Hoosier

Hair dressing, tonic, cream that won't clash w/ Pen's BB

Post by Antique Hoosier »

Gentlemen, I am trying an experiment of "Fidelity" with Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet products over a course of time and have assembled the shaving cream, aftershave splash, and EDT to enjoy a layered experience. In fact, my newly acquired Simpson "Chubby" 3 in Best Badger has been fed nothing but Blenheim Bouquet cream since it left it's blue/gray box. (Lucky Dog.....errrr Badger). NOW, I am a bit perplexed as I have become quite a fan of hair lotions, dressings, tonics, and creams and they all seem to perhaps clash with the citrus, lavender, pepper scent of the BB. In fact, my very favorite, Tabac Hair Cream will throw a devastating uppercut to the subtle Pen's scent if given the chance I'm quite sure. My DR Harris Eau de Portugal less so perhaps....

Question..... what if any hair dressing, tonic, cream, will mesh best with my experiment of BB Fidelity?
Mike
jtpca

Post by jtpca »

If you want a neutral tonic - TOBS- #1 Herbal Tonic is relatively scentless.

As for matching, you have me there... though Eau de Portugal does seem a safe pairing.
Jason

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. - Truman
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Mike, Penhaligon's used to offer a Blenheim hairdressing but, you know...oh well. Yeah, Harris's Eau de Portugal or Lerina would probably be okay. Jani or Fitch would probably know more so, hopefully, they will chime in.
Regards,
Gordon
Last edited by bernards66 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I use a scentless 'forming cream' (like American Crew) on my very straight hair. I put a bit if whatever scent I'm using into the palm of my hand and rub it into the cream before I work it into my hair.
Cheers,

Craig
F.W. Fitch

Re: Hair dressing, tonic, cream that won't clash w/ Pen's BB

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Antique Hoosier wrote:Question..... what if any hair dressing, tonic, cream, will mesh best with my experiment of BB Fidelity?
If you don't mind buying locally....."Wildroot" cream oil is good & no scent 'clash' problem. If you insist on mail ordering; then I'd go with "Trumpers" Lime hair cream.

Best,
Fitch
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

I would go for Pashana's Eau de Cologne hair tonic. A fleeting scent that doesn't clash with anything. The Harris Lerina is very nice, but has a distinct scent.
Eric
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Eric is that the same scent as Pashana Original hair lotion?
Regards,
Squire
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

Squire, no, it has a fleeting citrus scent. I havent tried Pashanas Original.
Eric
Ken

Post by Ken »

D.R. Harris Crystal Hair Cream is another good choice.

Ken