Maxx trip

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Maxx trip

Post by Squire »

Picked up these two today for $3.99 each.

Great scent.
Regards,
Squire
malocchio

woods

Post by malocchio »

good score ! you saved a pretty penny here !
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

For years I have posted that I am sorta neutral about lavender generally, not adamant, just indifferent, but this stuff is interesting.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Squire, For whatever reason you seem to be hitting the jackpot at the Mississippi T J Maxx right now. I suppose I'll have to stop 'round to our outpost and see if they've received any of the items you've recently seen there. Who knows?....maybe I'll luck out also. Thanks for posting about these recent finds.
Regards,
Gordon
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

The Marshall's in linden had a ton of WW talc in several fragrances. Not much of a talc person I passed. I did score some floris hand cream and a bottle of CM #6 aftershave.
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Surprised me Gordon, I haven't been to a Maxx store in a couple of years I expect and don't recall ever having seen a Floris product there.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Went to one of the two T J Maxx in town today and a total wipe-out...absolutely nothing of interest...sigh. I'm going to try Marshall's, maybe on Sunday. I would certainly love to pick up some of that WoW lavender talc for starters.
Regards,
Gordon
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Be glad to pick you up some if any more appears.
Regards,
Squire
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

As I mentioned in another thread, I picked a few bottles of Floris Limes Bath Gels at a TJM here in Cincinnati last week. I also saw a good deal of Caswell Massey soaps (Jockey club, No 6, almond, Fresh Cut flowers), Jockey Club A/S & Cologne, No. 6 cologne, various C-M Talcs, and a lot of differnet Taylor's Of London talcs. I guess that it really is hit or miss.
Cheers,

Craig
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

On monday Gordon, I will pop back in, if it is still there how many canisters do you want? There was also Rose talc, and one more that slips my mind.
Regards,
Marty

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

If Gordon doesn't want the Rose I do, will buy or trade, so happens I have a few extra blades on hand.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

No rose talc for me so that one's all Squires. I would, however, much appreciate a couple of tins of the lavender if it's not too much trouble.
Regards,
Gordon
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I'll check for both on Monday and let both of you know..
Regards,
Marty

bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Thanks Marty!
Regards,
Gordon
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Gordon/Squire

Squire I have one rose for you. All that was left. Pm me your address.

Gordon they had 2 ww in lavender and one tobs lavender. I picked up all 3 for you. Pm me your address.
Regards,
Marty

brothers

Post by brothers »

Don't you love it when somebody finds what they're looking for! :lol:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
funkthulhu

Post by funkthulhu »

Okay, I made my second TJ Maxx trip today and this time I actually bought some stuff. I limited myself to 20 bucks and I got out with a fragrance and two bars of soap.

There were 2 aisles of random fragrances and a crap-ton of soaps. My problem is, I don't know what to look for. I'm just getting started in the quality toiletries department so I just stand there with a blank look on my face until I stumble on something that looks interesting. But anyway, my bag of goodies is as follows:

1 "Scottish Fine Soaps" Classic Male Grooming Eau De Toilette por homme 100ml
1 Somerset Toiletry Company Cocoa Butter Triple Milled Moisturising Soap 300g/10.5oz (in a tin)
1 Mahogany for Men Savon Pour Homme Men's Bath Soap 312g/11oz (On a Rope!)

So, what do you think?

Diamonds in the rough, or just some random crap?
"Ph'nglui nglw'nafh Funkthulhu R'lincoln wgah'nagl shavagn"

In his house in Lincoln, Funkthulhu is shaving. . .
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Who knows? Try it and see, worst case the toilet and kitchen always need hand soap.
Regards,
Squire
funkthulhu

Post by funkthulhu »

Actually, I rather like all of what I got. I should try to rely on what my senses say rather than popular opinion.

Not to beat around the bush, but I think this loot will stay in the shower until such time as someone with "sex-veto" says they don't like how I smell!

I think I'll be going back soon to let my sniffer be my guide. . .
"Ph'nglui nglw'nafh Funkthulhu R'lincoln wgah'nagl shavagn"

In his house in Lincoln, Funkthulhu is shaving. . .
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

My apologies Marty, I just noticed your post of Aug 22nd. Very kind of you to offer and I have sent a pm.
Regards,
Squire