Daily Facial Wash

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
chris1978

Daily Facial Wash

Post by chris1978 »

I'm using the Neutrogena Naturals Facial Cleaners which almost finish and I have to buy another one or different kind. I'm using for almost a month and half in the shower every night. It doesn't make me any break out or anything. I need you to help me to find a really good facial wash. I heard that Jack Black Clean Formula Face Bar and Shave Soap is really good but I never try it have you? Does make you any irritated or any break out or anything? It doesn't dried out your skin at all.

What about Natural bath soap with shea butter that would be all right.

Do you know any of facial wash/cleaners that work really well for sensitive skins?

The Body Shop Aloe facial foaming cleansers

Jack Black Clean Formula Face Bar and Shave Soap

Bluebirds Original Beard Wash

Chris A
paddy

Post by paddy »

baxter of california. been using it exclusively for the last 5 years or so.
Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

The Body Shop men's face wash was one of my favourite products for a very long time. I have used their Vitamin E and Grapefruit seed face washes as well -- and liked them very much.

However, about 3 years ago, I gave up face washes altogether -- and just duck my face under a running shower head of hot water -- works for me, ymmv.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Chris, the best product for you will be determined by your skin type and personal sensitivities. My oily complexion is such that I also face wash during the day (around lunch time) and most of the time I use a glycerin soap.
Regards,
Squire
Dapper Dad

Post by Dapper Dad »

Chris, I have a lot of experience with over the counter type facial soaps. It's not scented or sexy, but Cetaphil is very effective. I only gave it a chance because a doctor recommended it to me.

If you're looking for a luxurious experience with scents and creams then look elsehwere. If you want no frills and results for sensitive skin Cetaphil will be the last facial soap you buy.

I'll note that I'm in line with Squire on this one, Cetaphil is a glycerin based soap. I apologize for the "hard sell," but your post reminds me of the frustration I felt going through so many facial cleansers in my younger years hoping to solve my "problem" skin. The problem skin is mostly gone now, but I continue to enjoy Cetaphil 15 years later.
goose

Post by goose »

Cetaphil is a great facial wash and the only one I will use. The sensitive is super gentle, doesn't dry out my skin at all, and is readily available. I haven't tried out Jack Black or the others but I don't really have any desire to.

Clint
Quarterstick

Post by Quarterstick »

If you have found something that works well and you have difficult skin, I would not recommend changing. I have tried a lot of different options; soaps, washes, and just plain water. Unless you have reason to feel you can improve, stick with what works for you.

It has only been in the last 6 years or so that my face has been giving me grief. Don't know why, but now in my late 30s I have combination skin and have a devil of a time with getting it clean without ending up too dry or too oily. Cetaphil worked okay, but then I found SebaMed which is absolutly fantastic for me. It is probalby not for everyone, as it irrated the heck out of my sisters face when she was visiting. The scent is probably not for everyone either. Not sure how widely available it is, but I found it at Costco at about 1/2 the cost I have seen online.
Andy

An elephant for a dime is only a good deal if you need an elephant and you have a dime.
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

Another nod for Baxter of CA.
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I'm being tempted by CeraVe's Foaming facial wash, as it's unscented, unlike the Cetaphil competition, and is supposed to be non-stripping. It's expensive for a drugstore brand, though.
Ron
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

About Jack Black Facial Bar and Shave Soap, Dose anyone try this facial bar and see if it good for sensitive skins? It has small white round bar. I would like to try it but I don't know what is your experience like.

Chris A
brothers

Post by brothers »

Chris, I'm not in any way trying to influence your choices. I just don't have any interest in any of the Jack Black products. If you take the plunge and buy it. please give us a report on how it works for you, OK? Meanwhile, maybe someone else here might have experience with the soap bar, and can post about it for us.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

chris1978 wrote:About Jack Black Facial Bar and Shave Soap, Dose anyone try this facial bar and see if it good for sensitive skins? It has small white round bar. I would like to try it but I don't know what is your experience like.

Chris A
Personally, I found the bar a tad drying on the face. Their Pure Skin is really good, albeit a tad expensive. It is very gentle, no fake scent and non drying.
LouisIII

Post by LouisIII »

Never, ever used one. Occasionally use some soap on nose/forehead in shower - rest of the face gets heavily cleansed/exfoliated every day (shaving).
timthepenman

Post by timthepenman »

this may sound odd, but it really works! And as a bonus it's a great exfoliator.......

I use sugar. Yep, simply wet your face then sprinkle about 1 teaspoon into your hand, and work it like soap. It give's you about 10 seconds of scrubbing action. Rinse, put on a balm, or a moisturizer ~ and you're good to go.

I'd probably do it pre-shaving, but what ever would work for you.
Tim
fall down 7, get up 8 !
SharpSpine

Post by SharpSpine »

timthepenman wrote:this may sound odd, but it really works! And as a bonus it's a great exfoliator.......

I use sugar. Yep, simply wet your face then sprinkle about 1 teaspoon into your hand, and work it like soap. It give's you about 10 seconds of scrubbing action. Rinse, put on a balm, or a moisturizer ~ and you're good to go.

I'd be too busy trying to lick my own face that I wouldn't get any exfoliating accomplished.
> Brian < Shave On & God Bless!!

Mongoose B1 + Hempel Spiral; Feather Pro
brucered

Post by brucered »

timthepenman wrote:this may sound odd, but it really works! And as a bonus it's a great exfoliator.......

you sick puppy :wink: please tell me you only use it on your face :oops:

Elephants never forget!
rbaloha

Post by rbaloha »

Achieving good results for my aging mature skin from Noxzema products purchased from Bed Bath & Beyond.
95%

Post by 95% »

That's an innovative idea, and I can't see any problem with it. Salt might work as well. But if I were looking for a simple old-fashioned facial scrub, I'd probably try baking soda first. It has a hundred uses in the household outside of cookery. For example, I use it once in a while as a toothpaste because it effectively removes coffee and tobacco stains.
Porter
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Mr. Glo for me. :D
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

BullGoose wrote:Mr. Glo for me. :D
http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/4 ... ial-704661

Fast forward to the 1:30 mark. :D
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?