Imperial Leather soap

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
sgtrecon212

Imperial Leather soap

Post by sgtrecon212 »

I bought some Imperial Leather and it came last week. Very nice scent very good lather, doesn't dry out the skin.. Very pleased with my purchase.
Steve
______
Go Cubbies
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

It is very good stuff.

I feel very lucky that we can get this here (UK) for about £0.30 a bar.

I have more expensive stuff, like Harris almond bath soap but Imperial Leather is the one I'll never be without . . . . and haven't been without for the past 40 years.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Steve, I enjoy it too. I was able to locate it locally from one of the Indian grocery stores. It comes in a multi pack, and does a good job.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Amphibious Tuna

Post by Amphibious Tuna »

One of my favorites.

You can get it on AMAZON for a very good price if you buy about 6 bars at a time.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Imperial Leather is the bees-knees (sorry all you fan's of Burt's Bees products). Best purchased on the markets in England -- 6 bars for a few quid. My favourite every-day soap.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Groan....yet another one that I wish had not gone from tallow to palm oil base. It was also one that I naively believed wouldn't. I still like the scent however and sometimes buy it for use as a hand soap ( about $2.50 or so a cake at our local 'British store' ).
Regards,
Gordon
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

If I ever get the chance to visit the US I will bring a couple of suitcases stuffed to bursting point with Imperial Leather Bath Soap (6 for £1.00), Palmolive Shaving Soap sticks (£0.50) and Erasmic Shaving Cream (£0.99).

I'd drop the whole lot off with any of the SMFers who could find me a decent cup of tea and two slices of toast and marmalade (with proper butter, not spread).

THEN I'd head off home after picking up some Aqua Velva, some Lilac Vegetal and a 'puck' or two of Williams.

And . . . 3, 2, 1 ... you're back in the room.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Joe, Well then, just stop by my house and I'll fix you right up with a nice pot of F&M or Taylors Assam and some toast with real butter and some of that superb Partridges thick cut marmalade that I have a stash of. Deal?
Regards,
Gordon