Bath/Shower Brush

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Bath/Shower Brush

Post by rustyblade »

I've come to the conclusion that wooden, natural bristle bath brushes are not compatible with water. They crack within weeks and begin shedding bristles not long after. Can anyone recommend something...synthetic *shudders* that I might get a little more mileage out of?
Richard
Araner

Post by Araner »

It’s not a brush but it works for me: Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth/Towel

It gives your body a great scrubbing; makes you feel good all over!

Mike
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I must be having better luck with them Richard, mine last for years.
Regards,
Squire
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Squire wrote:I must be having better luck with them Richard, mine last for years.
Squire, I have an uncanny ability to make stainless metal rust and make wood rot. I think my water has something to do with it.
Richard
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

It's that high energy field surrounding you Richard.
Regards,
Squire
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Richard, same here as Squire. I've had mine and used it for years. No problems at all.
Regards,
Jani
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Araner wrote:It’s not a brush but it works for me: Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth/Towel

Mike
I'm going to give these a go, thanks.
Richard
Books

Post by Books »

I've tried those, and went back to the brush

My skin just likes the brush better...but as always YMMV
Bob
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

My only recommendation, which is not what you were seeking but nonetheless will help address your issue more permanently, is to suggest you start using a large cotton terrycloth washcloth. When you get to your back you use it very similarly to the "beauty skin cloths" mentioned above.

They last for decades and are actually better at cleaning your skin than a poofy (or whatever those things are that women use), sea sponge or even just plain soap IMHO.

Hope that helps.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Richard, Well, I don't know exactly what the problem is as my bath bats seem to hold up at least pretty well ( replace them maybe every two years ). They would stain at my old house but otherwise held together. The last two times I've gone for models with plastic handles and maybe one of these might help your situation a little. I've gotten them at bath stores in the mall or at C&E.
Regards,
Gordon
brothers

Post by brothers »

EL Alamein wrote:. . . . suggest you start using a large cotton terrycloth washcloth. When you get to your back you use it very similarly to the "beauty skin cloths" mentioned above.

They last for decades and are actually better at cleaning your skin than a poofy (or whatever those things are that women use), sea sponge or even just plain soap IMHO.

Hope that helps.

Chris
I've been using these for my entire life.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
JohnnyO_Jr

Post by JohnnyO_Jr »

I use this back brush from bed bath & beyond, and it works very well.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... U=12739893

Image[/img]
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Araner wrote:It’s not a brush but it works for me: Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth/Towel

Mike
available in retail stores or thru an internet retailer???