D.R. Harris Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
churchilllafemme

D.R. Harris Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner

Post by churchilllafemme »

I bought some D.R. Harris Coconut Oil Shampoo and Conditioner recently, partially because I had really liked some coconut oil shaving cream and partially because they were on sale. The shampoo was promoted as being for normal to dry/damaged hair, and my scalp tends to be dry, so that made it attractive. The shampoo is a strange sort of very thick, granular paste, but it lathers up quite well, and leaves my hair feeling very clean and with a subtle but pleasing fresh coconut scent (which SWMBO likes too). I alternate it with a Redken shampoo. About twice a week I use the conditioner, which is a somewhat thick, goopy liquid, and it does quite a good job of bringing life back to my hair. It doesn't have quite as much coconut scent as the shampoo. Overall, I've been very pleased with these products, and I would highly recommend them to anyone who likes coconut-scented products and whose scalp is not oily.
Shampoo ingredients:
Conditioner ingredients:
_______
John
Bastardos

top quality stuff

Post by Bastardos »

with shampoos like these I'll never go back to department store muck.

great value too, lasts a long time as its a paste and you only need a small amount per wash. I only use the conditioner once a week as I tonic my hair daily. Want to try the lemon version next.
I was indecisive... however now I am not so sure.
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

The shampoos from Harris are absolutely excellent. I've never tried the Coconut (not really my scent), but I have a tub of the lemon. They do indeed last quite a while thanks to the paste-like texture, and very little is required per wash; I really must dig mine out and use it more often.

This sort of product truly is traditional, old fashioned grooming at its best.
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

I'm just wondering if there is a difference in the conditioners other than scent? The shampoos differ between dry to oily hair, does this translate to the conditioners, too? Or is there really any difference between the shampoos?

I've been using the coconut conditioner for somme time but would like a change in scent.
Eric
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Eric, not sure, but I would think so. It would make sense (at least to me).

Gareth
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

Thanks, I think I need to give the lemon a go :)
Eric
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

I'd like to add that I think this is an excellent shampoo. I used only the coconut shampoo since I never use conditioner. I was a bit worried on the first use as what everyone says is true. It doesn't really lather like you're used to, but it does it's job well and lasts for quite a while. I'm currently using a bottle of Nancy Boy, but will probably order a tub once my current bottle runs out.
--Greg
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Never even realised this existed. I shall call in at Harris's and buy myself a tub. I love the smell of coconut in the morning...
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
brothers

Re: top quality stuff

Post by brothers »

Bastardos wrote:with shampoos like these I'll never go back to department store muck.

great value too, lasts a long time as its a paste and you only need a small amount per wash. I only use the conditioner once a week as I tonic my hair daily. Want to try the lemon version next.
They have Lemon! :shock:
I've just gotta have it, I suppose.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

Great. I see SHAMad and CONad on my horizon.

-Ty
Last edited by Tye on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contributing Member to the Cause
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

"...never knew this existed..."?! Egad! Michael, you said the same thing once about one of their hair grooming products. You really must pay more attention to D R Harris's, they still offer some excellent products.
Regards,
Gordon
Ken

Post by Ken »

One caution about the Harris cream shampoos. They, like shaving cream, can become dehydrated, as did one jar I bought. I use the Harris Golden shampoo, which is a liquid, and it does a good job.

Ken