What a shock, nothing of value at TJ Maxx or Marshalls

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

What a shock, nothing of value at TJ Maxx or Marshalls

Post by Sam »

Went browsing in the toiletries section of TJ Maxx and Marshalls because, well, wife wanted to run there and I figured I was low on my soap stash. THinking that they would have Scottish Fine Soaps, Asquith and Sommerset, and maybe Caswell Massey, they have nothing!! Well, they have a few faux Italian and faux British soaps, but nothing of value. A few tins of Caswell Massey talc, some in lavendar, and some tins of Taylor (but if you read, not Taylor of Old Bont Street), but nothing. I have given up hope in finding lavendar linen spray - a nice touch on the pillows when you turn in for bed - but they had one leaky bottle for $4.99 and I grabbed that and a couple of lavendar bath gels for the wife.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Sam, Really it's like that most of the time. The days of finding REALLY good stuff like D R Harris's at T J Maxx etc. are pretty well past I'm afraid. I did snag some Bronnley Lavender talc around the Holidays but that has been it for a long time now. Of course, I'm pretty picky but even if one is a little more...a....broadminded, they really don't have much of interest anymore. Still, I do check every now and again but nothing like as regularly as I used to.
Regards,
Gordon
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

+1 -- I got onto the Marshall's/TJ Maxx/Winners bandwagon far too late -- I have never found anything of interest or value in my several forays into either of these stores. :cry:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Speaking of Lavendar talc Gordon, Barclay Crocker has marked it down and has that and Lavendar soap on a big sale with an extra 5% off, CMSANTA is the code I think