L'OCCITANE

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Well, it's been a few days now with the MWF bath soap and so far no noticeable irritation. It's a good sign.

I like the scent of this stuff a lot, very subtle and subdued but noticeable when close up. It's very pleasant and never heavy or perfumey.

I'll keep on with it until I finish the cake and see if anything develops. If it's a go I think I may stick with it. I can alternate with the other stuff I use, like Yardley, just to mix it up a bit.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, Good news! If there are no problems by the time you finish the cake you will likely be home free. Personally I'm vastly relieved because, as you know, I really had run out of back-up plans when it came to bath soap. Let us know if it's still a go after you finish the cake. Ahem...this is a kind of personal aside, and I'm just sayin'...but if one has some chest hair and a willing partner one can make amazing mounds of peaky lather with the Mitchell's in the shower...yep.
Regards,
Gordon
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

bernards66 wrote:Chris, Good news! If there are no problems by the time you finish the cake you will likely be home free. Personally I'm vastly relieved because, as you know, I really had run out of back-up plans when it came to bath soap. Let us know if it's still a go after you finish the cake. Ahem...this is a kind of personal aside, and I'm just sayin'...but if one has some chest hair and a willing partner one can make amazing mounds of peaky lather with the Mitchell's in the shower...yep.
Regards,
Gordon
Gordon, yeah I'm optimistic that it's a go but I'm going to be cautious and give it time before ordering a full compliment of bars.

And thanks for the anecdote regarding the peaky lather, I do appreciate it and will have to file that away for future, er, research. Right now since the Mrs. just gave birth to our fourth a few weeks ago the "Please Touch Museum" is closed for business.

Chris
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes, definitely more research . . . probably a long term project.
Regards,
Squire
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

bernards66 wrote:Chris, Okay...let's see how it goes. I dunno....it's been years since I had that Mitchell's/Kent shave soap ( I wound up giving it to Sam ). However, when I bought it, at a mall kiosk in Tampa, I had no knowledge of any Kent shave soap and it had never yet been mentioned on the old forum. So, it was a completely blind buy, but I HAD prior used the MWF bath soap and as soon as I took that 'Kent' soap out of the box I thought, 'shoot!..this is Mitchell's Wool Fat! The scent provided instant identification. Maybe they've changed the scent of the shave soap since? Admittedly, I've never compared the two side by side.
Regards,
Gordon
And being so 'new' to this stuff, I was not blown away by the Kents as I was the Joris. Gone through a stage where I only wanted creams and now I think, with me running out of Limes and Sandalwood, I may go to Trumpers soaps in these. Tabac I liked
celar36

Post by celar36 »

I love Verbena line from them especially my wife's fav bath foam. Their creams like Shea butter are great for hands.

Shaving creams I looked at store and couldnt make myself to buy it honestly.
Jack