Fine French Bath Soaps

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
John N.

Fine French Bath Soaps

Post by John N. »

I have been using some French soaps in the last couple of months, and have found them to be very fine indeed. They are all veg. based, and that does not seem to be a drawback in any way...at least to me. I have tried soaps from PdP, Rampal LaTour and L'Occitane, and they all lather beautifully, are moisturizing, rinse clean and are nicely scented. I intend to try other soaps from the region, and was wondering if any of you might have some favorites.
J.
John N.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Yes, as a matter of fact. Martin de Candre sent me a couple of sample bars when I bought the shaving soap. They make a wonderful Fougere fragrance, and this was a great bath soap. Several of the guys who received the sample bath soaps have contacted MdC about making a shaving soap in this fragrance, so now it's possible it will be ready in a few months or so. With or without the shaving soap, I'd love to be able to use the MdC bath soap every day if I could. Shipping costs, don't you know!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

I picked up a large bar of Roger & Gallet Fougere bath soap on eBay and have been very pleased with it. It lathers beautifully and rinses off easily, but it is a very hard soap and is lasting a long time. And its scent is very nice too.
_______
John
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Yeah, the Martin de Chandre bath soaps are very nice indeed if you're okay with palm oil based soaps. I first hooked my now wife on top quality soaps with a few samples I had of the MdC ( then I had to gently nudge her over to L'Occitane due to cost and availability factors ). So, be prepared; the MdC bath soaps are not available from US sources and their shipping costs are outrageous making the full price you'll pay quite high ). Rance makes some nice soaps. They were originally an old high end French soap maker although these days the soaps are made in Italy. There are quite a number of firms in or near Marseilles still producing this style of soap so you should enjoy yourself checking them all out ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon