Time will tell - genius or lunacy?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
brothers

Time will tell - genius or lunacy?

Post by brothers »

Our friends in Canada can proudly claim one of the best shaving creams ever. JM Fraser's, of course. Well, here's my tale. Love the Original because of the lime or lemon or whatever the fragrance is. A few years back they took a chance and made 4 offspring based on some of the Booster's After Shave, Oriental Spice, Mosswood, Jake's (not based on Booster's, but based on Jake's Sport Cologne) and Polar Ice. The Original comes in the 16 ounce tub and the 4 offspring were in 8 ounce tubs before they were discontinued this year. All I have left of all of these are two tubs each of Polar Ice and Jake's. I'll never find time to work through all of the soaps and creams, so I've decided to use my Jake's and Polar Ice for . . . . . Shampoo!!! I will be able to use these two products on a daily basis, and they can move to the head of the line, right next to the shaving cream and soap. One of my best ideas ever, or one of the dumbest? Only time will tell. :wink: PS: As of now, other shaving items moved into the shower/'shampoo soap shelf include Yardley and Musgo Real soaps. (My puck of Yardley is so old it smells like mildew even though it lathers great, and Musgo Real is a cruel hoax, but it does smell good.)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Second time ever this morning. My hair's clean. What more can I say. Sorry about the big crazy headline. This particular subforum doesn't see much action. Jake's has a good scent as it's being used, and when it's rinsed out of the hair, there's no scent left. As my barber tells me from time to time, at least I have some hair. Could be worse. Gonna keep on using all 32 ounces of these great JM Fraser's products until it's all gone. Then maybe I'll see if I've got something else I can use up.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I've used crappy shave soaps as bath soaps in the past. They were mainly those glycerin type; I figured why throw them out and not use them. They worked pretty good.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
brothers

Post by brothers »

I used the Fraser's for two or three weeks, then gave up on the idea of using them for shampoo. It didn't use up much of the Jake's. Now those are back in storage until I figure out what I want to do with them. They're nice creams.

Pinaud makes a Clubman Shampoo. My local barber supply store just recently received a shipment of Clubman stuff, so I got some of the shampoo. After two days using it, my hair seems thicker and fluffier. It's cheap and good. Works way better than the Fraser's stuff did. Big surprise, shaving cream isn't shampoo!
Gary