C&M Almond Cold Cream Soap

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
gsgo

C&M Almond Cold Cream Soap

Post by gsgo »

We came across a good find this weekend, C&M's Almond CC Soap at Tuesday Morning the clearance stores. We bought a box of three hand soaps for the guest bath on Friday, after trying it out I went back on Sunday and bought all they had left, four boxes (3 bars each) of bath bars and four boxes of hand soaps, $12.99 and $9.99 respectively.

C&M have apparently dropped the cold cream and gone to almond and aloe on this most popular soap, Ike's favorite according to company information.

I just did a buy on Musgo Real Lime Basil so with the above our soap needs are covered for quite some time. Surprised the wife let me go for this, but she liked the soap and when she saw the discounted price the procurement was approved.
Good shaving,

Gary
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

I use, and have a bit stored-up, of the Almond Cold Cream soap. I like to use it as my hand soap in the Autumn/Winter seasons. It has a terrific scent ,to me, and no heavy-dyed color as their other soaps. The talc is nice too, and I always thought it would've made a great shave soap, had they offered a classic tallow one in that range! Another nice, inexpensive, domestic soap is Cal Ben. It has been made ,on the opposite coast of C.M., by the same family run firm since the 1940's. The same time when the Almond Cold Cream soap was first introduced by C. Massey. I only see it on Amazon, Ebay and their own online store. About 4 ingredients, hard milled, and a malty light scent. Very inexpensive...a sleeper!
brothers

Post by brothers »

Jared, thanks to you, I'm going to pay a visit to Tuesday Morning myself today, if I can remember to.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Fitch, Well, that's interesting. I don't think I've ever heard of that one. They have their own online store you say? Is it a tallow based soap?
Regards,
Gordon
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Hi Gordon and all. I'm afraid not tallow from animal fat.

Says simply: "Highest grade white vegetable tallow, pure cocoa butter, almond oil."

They make shampoo that seems nice etc. ,so worth checking into them further. I only use for hand/pre-shave ,but it is a pleasant soap. Right now in the shower I'm using a vintage bar of Floris Special #127. While the soap is ivory in appearance ,as the rose geranium were, I don't think I care for the #127 scent. It's not 'bad' just not something I would seek out again. The picture is what the Cal Ben looks like. Only made in 85 g. size also.

Have a good remainder of your week.

Best, Fitch

F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

http://ranch-organics.com/goat-milk-soaps/

These are as good as it gets! Order some of their goat milk soaps in "Sweet Grass","Cedar Wood" or the others and enjoy! They live in the Rockies.... take herbs, flowers from the surrounding hillsides & valleys and produce gold!

Best, Soapy Sam
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Sigh....a pity. Repeated experimentation has convinced me that for it to work well for me it HAS to be tallow based. It's inconvienant as hell but there it is.
Regards,
Gordon