Pinaud Elixir Quinine Shampoo

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Craig_From_Cincy

Pinaud Elixir Quinine Shampoo

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I had several bottles of this excellent shampoo a few years back but can't seem to locate it on the WWW any longer. Has it been (like so many other wonderful products) discontinued?
Cheers,

Craig
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Craig,
The famous ( it's mentioned in one original James Bond novel for example ) Pinaud Elixar shampoo has not been made, even for sale in Europe, in quite a long time. The only forum members that ever got a hold of any got it from a Dutch toiletries and shaving supplies firm that had a cache of it left from years past. However, they sold off the last that they had several years ago. Personally, I got a little from a SMF member who snagged one of the last bottles. Maybe there's still a little hidden away somewhere, but if so, I have no idea where.
Regards,
Gordon
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

That's where I got mine Gordon, the Dutch Barber Shop or something like that. What a shame, it was a great shampoo.
Cheers,

Craig
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Last I checked there was still some of the hard shampoo version of this in the nice glass containers on ebay at exorbitant prices. Probably not something but what the most hard core collector of Fleming lore would pay - and just to collect at that, not use.

It's a shame really because it smelled very nice and old school.

Chris
Ken

Post by Ken »

"Exorbitant" isn't strong enough. There are currently two bottles for sale. One seller is asking $200 and the other $999.99! Should get your hair clean for those prices.

Ken