Razor Bump Products

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
JRTASTER

Razor Bump Products

Post by JRTASTER »

Razor bumps are by no means common for me, but when they do appear they are painful and unsightly. And stubborn healers.

Among those of you who use them, are there any standout razor bump treatment products???

One new to me is a Clumbman Razor bump "gel." Any of you have any experience with it??

Input appreciated! Thanks,

jr/John
kingston2013

Re: Razor Bump Products

Post by kingston2013 »

You probably have sensitive skin, as I do. Check out this article: http://ezinearticles.com/?Shaving-Tips- ... id=7840199, it might be helpful.
Read more useful tips on shaving, grooming and in-depth consumer reviews of the best razors for men.
Visit http://bestrazorformen.net/
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

There are no products that make razor bumps go away faster. The only solution is not to create them in the first place!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

I seldom suffer from razor bumps, unless I've used my Trac II, then I know I'll have at least one within a day or two. When that happens, and it always does, I do two things: first, I stop using the Trac II - again; and second, I douse it a few times with rubbing alcohol, and it goes away in the normal course of things.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Prevention is better than cure.
Regards,
Squire
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Yes, for sure, prevention is best. But as a Catholic, though I know NOT sinning is the way to go,
I'm sure glad there's confession and absolution for those lapses.
jr/John
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

John, I use Bump Stopper 2 and have been very impressed with it. It's not overly expensive, and is simply an odourless paste which you apply 2-3 times a day. I like how it doesn't dry the skin out, but most importantly it really does get rid of and prevent ingrown hairs forming.

As much as I agree with the 'prevention is better than cure' argument, I also believe that some people are just more susceptible to them than others. In my case, it's because I have such curly beard hair. Many people can solve the problem by honing or changing their technique a little, but it certainly didn't work for me and I tried for years.

Gareth
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I use a shaving oil before lathering. Makes my razor glide over stuff and gives a protective film. If you polish try applying oil as the only cream during the process. I still have a bump on rare occasions so it is not perfect, only better.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Gareth. Pete,

Thanks for the input..."bumps" really aren't a common issue and since using the Cobra have actually
declined in frequency and severity. But when I get one, it tends to be a whopper!
Gareth, did you get the BumpStopper II on line or in a retail outlet??
Pete, until now pre-shave oils have been a turn-off for me, but my experiences with them are possibly
outdated...which one(s) are your favorite!
jr/John
jr/John
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

John, I actually am too cheap to pay for shaving oils. I got a small bottle of Shave Secret at Wamart and when it ran out I just refilled it from a quart of mineral oil I had on hand. Same stuff I believe. No scent just lubricates anyway.

Pete
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

John, both actually, though it is very difficult to find in retail outlets here in the UK.

Gareth
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Pete, Gareth..
again, thanks!
jr/John
jr/John