THE TOTALLY SUPER-BEST INCREDIBLY FANTASTIC AFTER-SHAVE BALM

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ken, Sigh....indeed. I bought my first puck of Joris hard shave soap from him personally at his shop in the east 60s before there even was an 'Art of Shaving' line, or maybe I almost bought it but didn't that time, not sure.....I think we're getting old....
Regards,
Gordon
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I've been using a 50/50 blend of Lily Of The Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly and Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm for the past couple of days and I like the combo. Soothing, hydrating and leaves my skin feeling great.
Cheers,

Craig
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Craig, for the price Nivea Sensitive should be on the required list for all shavers new and old. It's been in my den for a long time and is workable both day and night. Good stuff!
Good shaving,

Gary
Ken

Post by Ken »

Gordon,

You only THINK we're getting old?

Ken
kingfisher

Re: THE TOTALLY SUPER-BEST INCREDIBLY FANTASTIC AFTER-SHAVE

Post by kingfisher »

I am quite enamored of the Queen Charlotte Soaps aftershave balms. I believe they fit all of your conditions pretty well.

I also like Saint Charles Shave's aftershaves a great deal; Nutriment is one that you might really enjoy. It is priced reasonably, and you can pick up samples (that will last a couple of weeks or even more) for just a few dollars.
"If we had steak, we could have steak and eggs, if we had some eggs."
mrscruff

Post by mrscruff »

Nivea sensitive skin.... followed by a splash or two of "Fine " after shave or clubman. great scent
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I use Paul Mitchell lavender and Mint body and hair conditioner. A little goes a long way and comes like in a 15 ounce bottle for $18. A pea size dab on the face and same size on the neck covers my entire face and neck area easily.
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I had to look up this old thread because I am looking for an effective after shave balm. I am impressed with the several recommendations for Clinique Post Shave HEALER . Gorden said that the soother was not the healer and is not as good. When I went to the internet I could no longer find the healer. Every site showed the soother, even Clinique's own site. That is even when I specifically request the healer. I have seen it for up to $75 on Amazon and as little as $28 on ebay but all are soother. Has something changed?
Ouchmychin (Pete)
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Pete,

Clinique recently revamped/renamed/repackaged their men's line. The Soother is the same as the old Healer (dopey, I know).
I've tried it and can confirm it's pretty much identical in terms of performance and efficacy (but can't swear the formula wasn't
tweaked in some minor way that didn't demean performance).

I find buying direct from Clinique company on line, or Nordstroms, or maybe even Macy's will get you a fair price, reasonable
shipping and sometimes even a sample or some other freebie for yourself or even SWMBO.
And you are assured of getting the right product, not product from before the confusing repackaging/renaming.

$20-22 is the general price range you should be paying (plus shipping and perhaps local taxes).

Hope this helps!!!

Good Luck!
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
jerryshaw

Post by jerryshaw »

Lucido Skin Conditioner the best of its kind.
brothers

Post by brothers »

444 ASB from Portugal every day. These little tubes last about 6 months or so. I use just a little dab about half the size of a peanut.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

jerryshaw wrote:Lucido Skin Conditioner the best of its kind.
Lucido, I think, came up earlier in this thread as being a real winner. Someday I may get a chance to try it- but I am very fussy
about this product category and came to Clinique after trying a dozen or so alternatives.

Incidentally, welcome to SMF, Jerry. Seems you have opinions and experiences to share, so please jump in and contribute to
these discussions whenever you can.

John
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
brothers

Post by brothers »

Finished off yet another tube of 444 ASB from Portugal this morning. It's my favorite because I can use a little dab of it in addition to just about any other aftershave or cologne every day. It's a habit with me. This reminds me I should go right now and make sure I have another one on hand for tomorrow.

Edit: I checked and had one tube left. I took a quick look and found it at a great price with free shippiing direct from Portugal. Now I'll have enough on hand for some time to come.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444