Witch Hazel Pricing

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
jww
Woolly Bully

Witch Hazel Pricing

Post by jww »

I just bought my 2nd bottle of Thayer's Witch Hazel in Lemon with Aloe Vera. The first bottle I purchased was online from someone selling off stock and I paid $3 or $4 for the large bottle. Today, my wife paid just under $13 for the same sized bottle. I see online pricing in a similar range. Either prices have gone nuts or I really got an incredible deal 4 years ago. Luckily this stuff lasts an incredibly long time.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Both and, Wendell.

That was a good price 3-4 years ago, and I'd guess it was generally around $7-8 then. I can get it for less than $13 occasionally, but it has gone up considerably.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Yes, your first bottle of Thayers was a great deal, it generally hovers around $10 US on the shelves here in Chicago.
Good shaving,

Gary
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I didn't mean to be seen as complaining it was more a simple observation and inquiry than anything. Even at this price the length of time a bottle lasts me it's well worth it. Funny, I have never thought about price where skin food or MWF is concerned. :wink:
Wendell

Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

The hippy patchouli smelling granola cruncher stores around Ottawa have charged around the 12 dollar mark for the past few years. Or at least since I've started buying it. The bottles last for ever, so I still see it as a good buy for that dollar value.
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I've been buying Thayer's from Amazon when I find it at a good price. I've been paying about $10/bottle. There has definitely been a price increase over the past couple of years though.
Cheers,

Craig
dosco

Post by dosco »

I've noted a difference in pricing for plain-jane witch hazel ... a bottle at CVS is around $4 to $5. At Target it's about $2.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

dosco wrote:I've noted a difference in pricing for plain-jane witch hazel ... a bottle at CVS is around $4 to $5. At Target it's about $2.
But Thayer's is soooooo goooood. :D
Wendell

ben-blade

Re: Witch Hazel Pricing

Post by ben-blade »

8.60$ - http://www.iherb.com/Thayers-Lemon-Witc ... 55-ml/6730

(It will be available, at that price, sometime. Not necessarily June 12 as promised. Registered customers can ask to be notified on arrival).
JRTASTER

Re:

Post by JRTASTER »

jww wrote:
dosco wrote:I've noted a difference in pricing for plain-jane witch hazel ... a bottle at CVS is around $4 to $5. At Target it's about $2.
But Thayer's is soooooo goooood. :D

Wendell,

Don't know if Thayer's feels any better than the generics but it sure as heck SMELLS a lot better!

Some of the flavors are sheer fun to splash on. Have no idea if it actually does anything all that beneficial, but....

i tend to overuse it so a bottle goes not quite so far, but even at a premium price, it seems worth it to me!

jr/John
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

John, I had used Thayers and felt like you do. I did not see any direct benefit other than maybe some antiseptic use, but my skin did not feel smoother or less wrinkly and if I did get irritation, I dont think it did anything, or ease the discomfort any that I could tell. Now, my use of Trumpers coral skin food might even be the same but I am guessing that it just feels like it does something. I sometimes forget to put it on and can't say that I can tell I missed anything
brothers

Post by brothers »

Recalling this thread, I was in a grocery store looking for some lens cleaner, when I spotted a bottle of Dickinson's WH on a shelf next to the generic. The Dickinson't was about $2.50, and the generic was even less expensive. I paid well over $10 for a bottle of Humphrey's at a drug store a few months ago. I think the prices are artificially inflated based on whatever the market will bear.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Dickensons smells like traditional witch hazel (not too nice for me). I do prefer the Thayers in whatever scent I got. Used it up and have had to tolerate the D just to use it up. Will be shopping for Thayers.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

No doubt Thayer's main selling point is the well-executed variations. Superhazel is my favorite!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444