Clubman Country Club Shampoo

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Shave4Fun

Clubman Country Club Shampoo

Post by Shave4Fun »

I saw the thread on the old quinine shampoo. Too bad it's no more!

What experience have any of you had with Clubman Country Club Shampoo?

Thanks,
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Re: Clubman Country Club Shampoo

Post by bernards66 »

Roger, I've used the Country Club Clubman every shampoo for a couple of years now. Obviously I like it. To tell you the truth ( and I kind of hate to admit this here ), I actually prefer it to the old Pinaud Elixer.....sacrilidge I know, but there you are. The Elixer was a tad strong for my 'sensitive' scalpe but the Country Club seems just right. And the scent is the same as the Clubman aftershave which I like even better than the scent of the Elixer ( although it's quite nice too ). Of course I can't promise that you'll like it as much as I, but if you're at all inclined to try it I heartily encourage you to give it a go.
Regards,
Gordon
Craig_From_Cincy

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I've been using the CC Shampoo for a couple of months on Gordon's recommendation and like it. It performs well, has a nice scent, and it's a good value for the money.
Cheers,

Craig
brothers

Post by brothers »

I got the Clubman shampoo as a result of my enjoyment of the Clubman after shave and talc. Turned out to be an excellent performing shampoo in a large bottle at a very reasonable price, and it smells great. All around a very good deal.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I used it for a year or so. Never did get totally used to the Clubman scent, but otherwise it worked fine. One day I switched over to Woody's, and there things stand. When I get tired of that I might switch back.
Ron
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

brothers wrote: "a large bottle at a very reasonable price, and it smells great. All around a very good deal.
Gary, your description applies to many Clubman products. The more of them I try, the more of them I like.

Next on the try list: Clubman after-shave. A bottle is on its way, ordered after reading so many positive comments
here on SMF, my favorite group of enablers!

jr/John
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
brothers

Post by brothers »

Just following up. That bottle of Clubman shampoo has been in constant use in my shower now for at least six months, and still going strong. I'm not used to any other shampoo lasting that long. This one might last another 3 or 4 months before it runs out, and that's OK, I've got more.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gary, Oh yeah, one of those largish bottles last a long time for sure. Glad to hear that you like it.
Regards,
Gordon
brothers

Post by brothers »

My first bottle of Clubman shampoo finally ran out after a whole year. Lucky for me I bought a replacement several months ago. Now if I can just figure out where I put it.
Gary

Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I've go 2 bottles sitting on the shelf waiting for the Dove shampoo I got at Costco to run out. Needles to say it came in a LARGE bottle. Two things going for the Dove. It has a dispensing pump that puts out the right amount for a good shampoo. Second, it is so superfatted and mild that it conditions better than the conditioner I was using. I use one or two washes and that's all. looking forward to the scent of the Clubman. The Dove is scentless as far as I can tell.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Good stuff!

Chris
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I am about finished with my first bottle of Clubman shampoo. I find it is very mild. Although I am not a fan of the scent in the aftershave, the shampoo is milder and for some reason I like it. I have my second bottle waiting. Noticed that the last of the bottle seems to be thicker. Have to keep it balanced on its lid or else the wait is too long. I could add water but I don't want to chance it.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
mrscruff

Post by mrscruff »

Ive tried it a number of times and quite like it. I also like their aftershave..
brothers

Post by brothers »

It's a good shampoo and I've used more than 1 bottle of it. Recently I began a practice of using my shower soap bar to wash my hair just because it's simpler. I've got the Clubman on standby if I should want to go back.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Following up on this subject, the process of using up my accumulated clutter of various bath soaps is almost complete, thanks in part to the fact that I stopped using the CC shampoo and began using the bath soap to shampoo my hair. I've decided that when the last bar is gone in two or three months, I'll start using the CC as a hair and liquid body wash for a while. In theory it should work.
Gary