Lily of the Desert Aloe 80...

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Climb14er

Lily of the Desert Aloe 80...

Post by Climb14er »

What seems like years ago, here on the forum, I posted that I've been using for well over thirty years, the old Naturade Aloe 80 Gel as an after shave and after sun conditioner.

Aloe 80 is THE only after shave gel that I've used. Quick drying, absolute healing, and totally healthy for the skin.

A few years ago, Naturade either sold their formulation to Lily of the Desert or was taken over by them. Never knew what occurred.

I'm out in the sun more than most folks. Climbing the high peaks of Colorado in the ultra UV, road biking, motorcycling, running and fast walking. The sunshine out here takes its toll on the skin.

For the main areas exposed to the sunshine like the face, neck and tops of hands, I always use Aloe 80 when I get back in... after of course using the best sunscreen (and a hat) that I can.

Here's a link to Vitacost where I buy the Aloe 80.
http://www.vitacost.com/lily-of-the-des ... l-16-fl-oz

For the record, this is NOT some over priced, fancy schmancy English or high end skin conditioner or after shave that will cost you twenty to thirty bucks for five ounces.

This is simply a product that works great as both an after shave and after sun conditioner.

Like I said, it has worked for me for many years, others might have a sensitivity... for whatever reason.

It's Aloe! It works!

And... the price is fantastic.

I just got in five the other day. Will last about a year or so. :wink:
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.
Craig_From_Cincy

Re: Lily of the Desert Aloe 80...

Post by Craig_From_Cincy »

I use Lily of the Desert 99% aloe Vera Gelly as an after shave balm every day. It's wonderful stuff, healing, moisturizing and not the least bit heavy or greasy. Lately I've been mixing it with Nivea Sensitive ASB.
Cheers,

Craig
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Good to hear from you, Jerry! Still climbing those peaks huh? Good on you!
Regards,
Gordon
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes, few Forums can boast of having a Mountain Oracle on Board. I've never used the Aloe 80 stuff but can attest to the effect of high elevation Sun on the hands and face of a day visiting flatlander.
Regards,
Squire
Climb14er

Post by Climb14er »

bernards66 wrote:Good to hear from you, Jerry! Still climbing those peaks huh? Good on you!
Regards,
Gordon
Hi Gordon and Squire...

Yes... I'm still on the peaks but have reduced my trips somewhat over the last few years. Do get up on the summits as the exercise and conditioning and keeping the skill levels intact after forty years plus on the high peaks is still important. But I have to humbly admit...

I'm slowing down a little as I hit sixty last November. :wink: The old adage... there are old climbers and bold climbers but very few old/bold climbers.

The road biking keeps me fit and my motorcycle keeps me emotionally sane. LOL. There's the old saying... you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist's office!

Just hiked three 14ers with GF the past ten days and will be taking my nephew up some tough peaks in the next two weeks. Will backpack in but will give the twenty six year old the heavy weight. Its only fair... eh?

Take care and regards!.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.