NEW, FOR ME, HAIR PRODUCTS

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
JRTASTER

NEW, FOR ME, HAIR PRODUCTS

Post by JRTASTER »

Though I have no hair on top, I want what I have on the sides to look and act as good as possible.
To this end, I have replaced my former liquid shampoo(s) in favor of a shampoo bar, a vinegar
rinse and a few drops of Mystic Waters Hair Oil.
The first shampoo bar tried was a Liggett (tea tree) version, soon replaced by the Mystic Waters
offering. Michelle at MW suggests a vinegar rinse, which is actually quite effective...and you
needn't smell like a salad dressing. My hair, and scalp, don't seem to suffer...no itch or flaking.
The linchpin to the new routine, for me, is the MW Hair Oil. Within the last 2 years the scent of
Vitalis suddenly began to offend me. The look and feel of Brylcreem no longer appealed either.
Lucky Tiger 3-Oil Hair Tonic became the product of choice, providing fair hold with an inoffensive
fragrance.
But the advent of MW Hair Oil changed my routine. Barely scented, 2-3 drops applied to damp hair
leave my sparse coif soft and manageable without an ultra-greasy look or feel.
There are surely other shampoo bars (the DR Harris Arlington works and smells great is fine, but
it's a tad expensive) and probably similar hair oils but this regimen seems to be working fine.
Anyone have other recommendations or experiences???
jr/John
p.s. My current choices have the added benefit of eliminating the liquid shampoo from my travel
kit, and the Hair Oil takes up even less space therein. Win Win??
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
brothers

Re: NEW, FOR ME, HAIR PRODUCTS

Post by brothers »

John, it sounds as if you are onto something that works and that's what counts!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
emilymartin

Post by emilymartin »

For your hair loss issue try this mix castor oil, coconut oil and almond oil, heat it but not much add few drops of vitamin e capsules and then apply the oil to your hair. Next day wash you hair with herbal shampoo. Do this twice a week. Get more information here.
Last edited by emilymartin on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hello EmilyMartin. Welcome to SMF.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I had been using Brylcreem but the greasiness got to me. For a while I mixed Suave control gel with mostly Eau de Portugal in the palm of my hand; rubbed together and applied. Just a little gel and it holds and smells fine. Have had to quit for a while due to liquid nitrogen treatment of some seborria in my scalp. No grease at all.
Ouchmychin (Pete)