Trumper Sandalwood Bath Soap

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
EL Alamein

Trumper Sandalwood Bath Soap

Post by EL Alamein »

Question: Does the Trumper's Sandalwood bath soap smell like the shaving soap, the shaving cream or the cologne? It may have been asked here before but I could not find a thread upon searching. Has anyone used all these that can comment?

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Re: Trumper Sandalwood Bath Soap

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, Good question, I'm not really sure. I've seen packs of the bath soap often enough in NYC but never bothered to actually take a sniff. I guess I always assumed that it smelled like the shave soap but maybe not. In any case, however, if you are thinking of trying some the gist of the recent posts here suggests that a vintage cake would be a better bet. If those clueless folk at Soapworks are now supplying Trumper with shave soap I suspect that they're peddling them their bath soaps too and I see no reason to believe that those would be any better than the shaving cakes.
Regards,
Gordon
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Chris I can't tell you how it is but can say how it was a decade or so back. The bath soap scent was closer to the cologne than the other two. I thought it was great.
Regards,
Squire
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Gordon & Squire, thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

My preference of the three iterations of Sandalwood of Trumper is the shaving soap scent. I wish there was an edt or cologne that had this scent as it's excellent.

My interest in the bath soap is passing, if it had the same scent as the shaving soap it could be something to offer up as a gift suggestion if the wife wanted to buy something for a birthday present or even Christmas next year.

When asked what I might like for a gift I usually answer that I do not want nor need anything. Gets frustrating for the giver. This year I had at least one thing I could reply about (replacement item for something small that had worn out). I'm trying to be proactive about next time. The hunt for vintage tallow cake might just be the ticket to launch her on an exciting quest which could be a gift in itself.

Gentlemen, thanks again for your input.

Chris