any good facial wash and moisturizer?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
brothers

Re: any good facial wash and moisturizer?

Post by brothers »

I've had good luck with Mitchell's Woolfat bath soap on my face. That's my current bath soap.
Last edited by brothers on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

Aveeno Bar Soap.

Link is to Amazon but I found mine at a local CVS.

I've tried Neutrogena, Cetaphil, and the rest. I speak from experience. This is the ONLY one that didn't strip the oils or burn my face. This stuff is better than plain water. Seriously.
Ed
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I may have missed something here, I thought Dove was one of the cheap ones. Pete could you post a comparison of ingredients from the label of your remaining cheap stuff and Dove?
Regards,
Squire
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Squire, here they are:
Yardley oatmeal & Almond:

Sodium Tallowate
Water
Sodium Cocoate
Glycerine
Fragrance
Oat Kernel Flour
Sodium Chloride
Titanium Dioxide
Tetrasodium EDTA
Yellow 5, Red 13

Dove MEN CARE:

Sodium Lauryl Isethionate
Stearic Acid
Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate
Sodium Stearate
Water
Sodium Isethionate
Lauric Acid
Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate
Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernalate
Fragrance
Dipropylene Glycol
Sodium Chloride
Propylene Glycol
Tetrasodium EDTA
Tetrasodium Etidronate
Green5, Orange4
Tiitanium Dioxide

Well, that's it but what it means I shure can't figure. The Dove just has a lot more chemicals in its formulation.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

That reminds me of the mile-long list of ingredients found in Caswell-Massey shaving cream.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Thanks Pete, that's more information than I can make use of but perhaps someone here can.
Regards,
Squire
Marcall

Post by Marcall »

I know it's an old thread but the best I've found has been Ursa Major face wash http://www.ursamajorvt.com/products/fantastic-face-wash it's not cheap, the 4 oz is about 12 dollars BUT you literally need only the tiniest amount , like the size of a small pea (maybe like a 3mm drop) then you rub your hands together and it foams up, the scent is light and natural and perfect (hints of spearmint and sage. Rinses clean and balances your skin. i was skeptical at first, something i was eyeballing for about a year and finally boght some and I will definitely be buying more. It lives up to the hype. I have oil/dry skin (forehead gets very oily) and other washes have worked well but then a few hours on and my forehead seems almost more oily but with this it's "normal" all day. Amazon sells it too but if you buy direct they send you three free samples, nicely packaged and it's the same price unless you have amazon prime.

otherwise those Konjac sponges http://www.amazon.com/My-Konjac-Sponge- ... B00B1M0XCG work pretty good
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I use your link and now the only size offered is 8 oz. and that costs 28. Petty pricey just to try something new.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
anomaly1985

Post by anomaly1985 »

Urth white tea & ginseng face cleanser.
Urth Hydra Therapy Antioxidant Treatment as a moisturizer.
Argan oil is a great multi purpose.