Anyone Else Tried Sween24 Skin Protectant?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Ouchmychin

Anyone Else Tried Sween24 Skin Protectant?

Post by Ouchmychin »

I saw a list of the best skin protectants on the net. Since I have a problem with the skin around my leg at the ankle being tender and sore, I was searching for something other than what I have tried to cope with it. I have used Mary Kay foot ointment and their hand cream as well as Neutrogena Norwegian ointment, Aquaphor, CeraVe, and Curel and none were totally effective at coping with the problem. I read several reviews of Sween24 protectant that said it was the only thing that worked. Also several said they had received theirs from a doctor or hospital. My first use yesterday left my legs rubbed raw by the top of my socks at the shoe line. I had to apply Aquaphor last night to calm things down. E was wondering if anyone here has heard of this product and how they liked it. I am thinking that the site where I bought it filtered out all negative reviews.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
JRTASTER

Re: Anyone Else Tried Sween24 Skin Protectant?

Post by JRTASTER »

Pete,
No experience with that product, but will be interested in both responses to your inquiry and your experience
with it.
Just the other day, the podiatrist, who sees me for diabetic foot care, strongly recommended the use of a
moisturizer on my feet and lower legs three or four times a week. Her choice was Aveeda, which she massaged
onto my feet and lower legs to demonstrate its ready absorption and non-offensive scent. It felt really good and
it's likely I'll follow her recommendation, either with Aveeda or a product called Medline "REMEDY" Skin Repair
Creme, an item a hand surgeon used in his office to relieve irritation arising from repeated hand washing.
Or maybe some other product people here chime in about. I'll follow this thread with you, Pete.
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Thanks JR. I now have a couple of others to try . Unfortunately I have 3-9 oz. tubes of Sween. Maybe I should list them here but I doubt anyone would buy them after reading my post.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

Pete, have you considered asking your doctor or a pharmacist? I'm sure you have, but that's all I can think of. I've been using Gold Bond Healing lotion, and it seems OK.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

After using Sween a few days I realized that I had an old cup of a steroid anti-inflammatory cream that my dermatologist had given me for another skin problem. I applied that for 4 days and the sores went away. Switched to Sween and have been using it for a couple of weeks now. It works very well as a moisturizer for me. It seems to be greasy at first but rapidly soaks in and leaves only a trace of itself on the surface. Just right. This is now the best cream I have ever used to prevent irritation. I had developed the problem while using a lot of other products.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Always good to hear when someone finds the "right" product!
Good On You!

JR
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John