Running Out of Vitalis and Eau de Portugal, Any Suggestions

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Ouchmychin

Running Out of Vitalis and Eau de Portugal, Any Suggestions

Post by Ouchmychin »

My bottle of Vitalis has run out and my Eau de Portugal is getting very low so I am looking for a replacement of that sort that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Only other stuff at Walmart seems to be Brylcream or look alikes. I have gotten used to more alcohol based tonics so wonder if any members have a suggested product.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
JRTASTER

Re: Running Out of Vitalis and Eau de Portugal, Any Suggesti

Post by JRTASTER »

Pete,
Do you mean the Clubman's Eau de Portugal?? If so, it's available at Amazon for sure, and perhaps at Classic Shaving and/or
West Coast Shaving as well.
Pashana offers an EdP Hair tonic with oil which I've purchased from Charles at QED.
Hope this helps!
John
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

JR, I got anxious and went to Amazon.com to see what they had. I like their site because the customer review give a fair picture of the positives and negative of products. As a result I got Lucky Tiger, Pinaud Jeris; and Denman Jack Dean Gentlemen's Grooming American Bay Rum Hair Tonic. The latter is generally well liked and supposed to be a very good bay rum scent. When they come and I try them I'll post my impression of them. Was considering Pinaud Quinine tonic but it got so many hate reviews about the scent that I skipped it.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Pete,
You done good!
I like the Lucky Tiger 3-Oil Tonic a lot, but the fragrance is not to
everyone's liking.
JR
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Thought I ought to post my impression of the Lucky Tiger and Jeris. In my opion neither is as good as either Eau de Portugal or Vitalis. The former is my favorite, based on scent. The latter gives me great holding power and the scent is bearable. The tow new ones smell like lubricating oil to me.
Ouchmychin (Pete)