What Bath soap/Body Wah do you use?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
chris1978

What Bath soap/Body Wah do you use?

Post by chris1978 »

What Bath Soap/Body Wash do you use everday? I use L'Occitane Milk Shea Butter Soap every night before I go to bed. I love the soap so much. It going to be my favorite soap ever. It has 8.8 oz bar that big and last for long time. I think it last for a month or little bit more than a month. The reason I buy that is to save money and part of my budget. I have no problem with this soap. It very gentle and feel comfortable. The Milk scent is good for sensitive skin. I haven't try the L'Occitane body wash yet but I don't know when. I do miss my favorite natural soap form Herbaria.com I used to buy 8 bars a time and last for two months and I can't buy it no more because my budget. I now regulary use L'Occitane Milk Gentle Shea Butter Soap.

Do you or have try any of L'Occitane bath soap or body wash?

What else do you use beside that you use soap/body wash? Do you have favorite?

I stay away from commericals soap and body wash from super markets. it awful! I used to that long time ago.
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: What Bath soap/Body Wah do you use?

Post by jww »

It all depends. Our key go-to bathing/showering products are Imperial Leather, Yardley English Lavender, and a couple of wash products from The Body Shop (Olive and Grapefruit).
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

Wendell,

I use to try the Body Shop Shea Butter bath soap and it very good. It doesn't make me itching at all but fell comfortable and relaxing. The bar itself it doesn't last long. The other one I try is Yardley almond & oatmeal and I didn't like it because it didn't rinse out very well it has tallow in it. That make me very itching that ones. I don't line tallow. I only like vegetable oil. I love natural soap. It good for your skin.

Chris A
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

We have also used some Lush bath soaps in the past, but I found that many of them leave my skin with something of a tingly/burning sensation. I think it's possibly related to either the strength of the oils or the ratio/mix of ingredients.
Wendell

fjallravn

Post by fjallravn »

I've recently purchased African Black Soap (like this one, looks not cool, I know) and it helped my acne greatly. It also can be used as a shampoo but I haven't tried it out yet.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

We have moved to a number of triple milled french soaps as well as MWF and Swedish Dream Sea Salt.
Wendell

John Rose

Post by John Rose »

I've settled on Caprina Fresh Goat's Milk Soap with Shea Butter.
The "Original Formula" is nice, but I think the Shea Butter version is the best. The wife likes it too.
I've even tried it as a shaving soap a few times, and am of the opinion that it works better than Proraso White or Proraso Green. The lather collapses, but the residual slickness makes up for it.

From their web site:
Interesting Fact
Canus uses fresh goat’s milk collected from Quebec farmers before transforming it and packaging the finished products in Quebec and Ontario, which makes it one of the few entirely Canadian soap manufacturers.
:-k I wonder if I can use it to make poutine?
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

on the subject of goats milk, Ive been using nubian soaps for the past year and they are fantastic, especially the rose and shea butter.

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

p.s. vinolia and mwf are still in the rotation, but its really nice to have a good soap that you can pretty much buy anywhere

clive
Gene

Post by Gene »

Vinolia - like they had on the Titanic? I remember that Gordon loved that soap, but thought it had passed into retirement, or reformulation, a while back?

I found Palmolive soap at our local grocery store. Wondering if it might have the same scent as their shave stick (it doesn't) I bought some --- it's 3 bars for $1.50, and lists tallow as it's first ingredient. It's not bad, though.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

the vinolia thats on sale today whether reformulated or not is what gordon liked. it was because of him :shock: :shock: :shock: that i started buying it in the fist place....gordon wherever you are; thanks for another enable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, its very nice, just a tad expensive and not 'easy' to find

clive
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

We stayed in a Hampton Inn during a recent 3-day vacation trip to a mountain town, and I really liked their bath soap, so I absconded with a bar of it. I have found out since then that it is a Neutrogena product. I plan to buy more in the future.
_______
John
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I tried Vinola because of Gordon
Got me one bar left of Mitchell's Wool Fat
I have a daughter that gets free goats milk soap from time to time from an artisan - she sent me one.
And I got a cold-pour soap in Asheville, NC because of the smell (olive oil, shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera, some stuff like that)
One bar of the Kirks castille soap, but found it a little drying. For the price ($1 a bar), I like Yardley's Oatmeal, the lavendar and one other scented one.

Been using the MWF as a face soap, but may switch to the goats milk one and switch the MWF to the shower when I finish the bar in there.

There are Palmolive and Irish Springs at the Dollar Store that say they have tallow in it along with the usual oils, and so since they smell good, I can use those since no adverse effect, but probably use the Yardleys if I have to pay, otherwise, the goats milk is fine by me since it can be free. Now, if I like MWF in the shower, may go load up on the website where I found that big bar for like $3 a bar shipped if I got like 6
adhoc

Post by adhoc »

I have tried using bar soaps, latest soap has been Colonia Russa from SMN, however I don't know if it's because I'm not used to use bar soaps when I shower but they just don't work for me - my skin feels a lot drier than when I'm using shower creams. Bar soaps do come in much nicer scents though, it's quite hard to find shower creams that doesn't smell awfully synthetic. I'm contemplating on trying Trumper's Almond oil body wash.
Olle
John Rose

Post by John Rose »

One thing about bar soaps is that they typically don't have a lot of plastic packaging that goes into landfill.
Mostly cardboard, and some kind of paper-like material.
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex