Non-Greasu Hair Control

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Ouchmychin

Non-Greasu Hair Control

Post by Ouchmychin »

I have been using Vitalis lately and ran out. At a members recommendation I tried Lucky Tiger and Jeris. I didn't care for the odor of either one. Then I recalled a big tube of Suave professional for men that I had in my bathroom junk drawer. I recalled hating the plastered down effect I got when I first used it. So I applied only a tiny dab onto my wet hair after rubbing in in my palms. Brushed and let it dry. Great, no odor and my hair was not stiff but it stays in place. Use it every day after a shower.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Non-Greasu Hair Control

Post by Squire »

It's been awhile since I used any hair control substance Pete but I like your latest approach. Most stuff like Vitalis has a strong enough odor to clash with my aftershave/cologne.
Regards,
Squire
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Pete, sounds like my mainstay, Groom & Clean by Sauve. Works a treat to keep hair controlled. Been using it for over a decade now.

Lately I've been taking a page out of Cary Grant's book and mixing it with Yardley's Brilliantine and the combo is fantastic. To boot at the end of the day it rinses right out due to the G&C content.

This combo seems to give more fiber to the hold, which is excellent already. But beware, this is more for those of us who slick our hair as it will darken your mop and be a tad greasy.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

The other day at my barber's shop, she used a product that seems to work as well as any without fragrance. Maybe next visit I'll consider forking over the bucks and giving it a try. Meanwhile, I'm still using my Vitalis and considering all the other options (if needed?) most of which I first started using at age 11 or 12 in the 6th grade, sold by the local drug/grocery stores, and still on the shelves to this day.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444