Current hair care regimen and products

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
brothers

Re: Current hair care regimen and products

Post by brothers »

Earlier this year I got into the habit of shampoo and conditioner several times a week. During a regular visit to my barber, I was told that I shouldn't be doing that every day. Then I read somewhere that it's really not necessary except every 2 weeks or so. So lately I've been rinsing my hair during the shower, but not the whole shampoo/conditioner routine, except rarely. What do you guys say about this? ( - the ones with hair of course :wink: - ) PS: I've noticed more and more hair to be falling out lately. That's to be expected, I'm sure.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

I shampoo with a mild product (Fructis) every time I shower. Have done this for many years. I don't use conditioner because I don't like the slick feeling in my hair. I never have had a flaking or dandruff problem since starting this routine probably 40 years ago.
Best regards,

Basil
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

f'm still using the Suave Keratin conditioner because it's cheap and seems to condition my hair fine. I notice that we are all sticking to our favorites and so no one is trying the product another member has posted in this thread. It would be interesting to try one of the others and compare it with the product I'm (or another member) is currently using. That way this thread could serve as a useful source for everyone.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

Ouchmychin wrote:f'm still using the Suave Keratin conditioner because it's cheap and seems to condition my hair fine. I notice that we are all sticking to our favorites and so no one is trying the product another member has posted in this thread. It would be interesting to try one of the others and compare it with the product I'm (or another member) is currently using. That way this thread could serve as a useful source for everyone.
Pete, I'm still working on using up the four (4) large bottles of Pinaud Clubman shampoo I had on hand. Down to about 1 1/2 bottles now. Not sure what I'll do for body wash and shampoo once they've all run out, maybe a year from now.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

My current shampoo is Suave Free and Clear (I believe). It is unscented and supposed to remove all the conditioner from your hair so you can start fresh. I also use it for my body wash except my upper body. There I use a bar of soap rubbed on a washcloth. (This takes care of my back since I don't use a back brush).
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I shampoo three times a week with whatever brand the dollar store sells. Plebeian I know but it works.
Regards,
Squire
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

That's what my wife does. She hates to go into Walmart where I pick up my stuff.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

I enjoy Nancy Boy products, but I have not tried the hair care products. You have inspired me to get some when the next sale comes up. The bath soaps just might be my favorites; I try a lot of them.
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

Growing my hair out a bit.

So my hair is getting harder to manage.

Went out tonight, and bought a couple of Fructis products. We will see how this happens and how they work.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...