Bad Haircut Results in Need for Palmaide

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Ouchmychin

Bad Haircut Results in Need for Palmaide

Post by Ouchmychin »

In my last haircut, my barber tapered right up to my bald pate and those short hairs would not stay down. I have used an oil, hair tonics, Vaseline, and a spray hair set. Nothing has lasted long after I finish combing or brushing. Yesterday I got a little jar of Axe palmaide. Will try today. Anyone used Axe for this purpose?
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Ouchmychin

Re: Bad Haircut Results in Need for Palmaide

Post by Ouchmychin »

Since no one had information about Axe pomade, I want to make a brief report. It is very thick (like Vaselene, only thicker and clearer). If you use too much ( a large glob on the end of a finger) it will plaster your hair to your head and look greasy. Used in moderation, it holds hair very well and doesn't look greasy or plastered. I always add it to damp hair and, if needed I add more water. It seems to absorb water into my hair. The scent is faint. I now use it every shower and just add more water if I don't get a shower. I brush my hair in the morning, only comb during the day for a touch up. After a few hours, if I have used to much I can absorb some excess by adding water and combing or brushing.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Ouchmychin

Re: Bad Haircut Results in Need for Palmaide

Post by Ouchmychin »

I have been using Axe since my original post. It works for me. I am not fussy now about hair getting plastered down. At my age, who cares!
Ouchmychin (Pete)