Clubman shampoo as body wash?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
brothers

Clubman shampoo as body wash?

Post by brothers »

There are a few bars of bath soaps I want to use up in the shower, and after that, I'm thinking about using up the surplus of my favorite shampoo - Clubman - and have been wondering if anyone here has used it as a body wash.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Re: Clubman shampoo as body wash?

Post by Ouchmychin »

I have used it occasionally . I got a couple of bottles a few years ago. I have also used Suave Free and Clear, which is unscented and a very effective cleaner. They have reformulated it, unfortunately, and I have not tried it yet. Trying to use up the Pantene flavor I got based on a magazine recommendation. For private parts, I use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Care. Super mild and no lather, but it is gentle and not alkaline. For most of me I am using bar soap, currently Yardley Oatmeal.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

Update May 10, 2016: The last remaining bar of soap in my shower will be gone in just a few more days. Then it'll be all Clubman Shampoo all the time, for the duration of the experiment. When I say all I mean it literally. I have already been using it as a foaming hand cleaner by diluting it with water and refilling the foaming hand cleaner container that previously held Bath and Body Works foaming hand cleaner. I got a good soap/water ratio and it works great as an everyday hand wash soap. In the shower it'll be used full strength as a shampoo of course, and in the same manner as any other liquid body wash. Fortunately, I find the fragrance to be completely appropriate and pleasant. It remains to be seen how well it works as a daily full body wash. I have these four big bottles sitting in the bathroom cabinet. :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

As I said in my last post, if you need a basic unscented washing agent, I recommend the Suave Free and Clear shampoo. I have started using my new supply and it is amazing because it is effective and does not sting my eyes. One wash of my hair gets every bit of oils out and leaves it squeaky clean.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

Pete, that sounds like an excellent product. I like the prices of Suave products. Maybe after I finish off every drop of my Clubman stash, I'll give Suave a try.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

It' s been about a month of using the Clubman as an all purpose soap/shampoo/body wash every day. I'm satisfied with it, and looking forward to making it a permanent arrangement. No complaints.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Ouchmychin wrote:As I said in my last post, if you need a basic unscented washing agent, I recommend the Suave Free and Clear shampoo. I have started using my new supply and it is amazing because it is effective and does not sting my eyes. One wash of my hair gets every bit of oils out and leaves it squeaky clean.
Pete, my Clubman shampoo/ ersatz body wash is rapidly running out now. I'm not going to re-order it any time soon. This might be a good time for me to follow your advice and check out a bottle of the Suave Free and Clear.
Gary

Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I'm running out of that too. At least I need a good cheap shampoo and that has always worked for me. Sometimes I just use a bar of soap and a washcloth. Whatever.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

I decided to check out the cabinets and located 3 more bottles of body wash or shampoo that need using up. I can't even remember the brands, but they'll last me several months now before I have to buy anything. I like using stuff up if it's good. On the other hand, if they're not good, I love throwing them away even more. I don't know how these 3 have survived intact. I think my wife had bought them and forgot.
Gary