Prospectors "Gold Rush" Pomade

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Barry

Prospectors "Gold Rush" Pomade

Post by Barry »

I'm always on the lookout for different brands of water-type pomade. I've tried a number of brands and I'd say that many are quite similar in both texture and hold. I find the typical varieties of scent to be vanilla and/or coconut. Others are straight-up citrus or other fruit based (cherry, etc.). I've even found one that has an almond scent.

I recently purchased a tin of Prospectors "Gold Rush" and it's quite different. It has a powdery old-school barbershop scent to it. The scent is not like clubman talc but it definitely along the lines of a "gentlemen's talc." I don't think it's a cologne scent - it's far too powdery for that. I was blown away by how powerful the scent is. I suspect it would clash with many colognes and some might describe it as an "old man" type of scent.

I've only used it once (today) and the hold seems to be fine. It doesn't produce as much shine as other pomades.

I just wanted to share this because I thought this might be of interest to others.