Gauntlets coming my way

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
brothers

Gauntlets coming my way

Post by brothers »

The skin on my forearms has seen a lot of wear and tear over the years since I was just a kid working on my bicycle. I like to work hard with tools and machinery and stuff that grows outside, and this often results in hitting, scraping, cutting, or punching my hands and forearms. It has always been common to see me with bandaids or big purple bruises. It has only been in the past 4 or 5 years that the slightest contact with blunt or sharp objects often results in someone saying "hey, you have blood running down your arm/hand!" I usually look at it and say, "oh, I must have poked it with something". Nowadays when I see that I'm bleeding during working on a project, I have to stop what I'm doing and go get a bandaid or two before I can get back to my project. What a hassle. Obviously this is simply because my skin is older and much less tough than most rocks and sharp objects of all kinds. Yesterday I ordered a pair of goatskin gloves with leather gauntlets that will come almost up to the elbow. I'm looking forward to my new gauntlets. They're coming from my neighbors in Texas, and should arrive tomorrow. This is cool!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Re: Gauntlets coming my way

Post by EL Alamein »

Gary, good luck with them!

Chris
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

It sounds like a sound decision and a very good solution, Gary. They'll probably slow you down a little, but they should spare you considerable blood loss!

- Murray
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Don't forget to put them on to change razor blades.

C. :D
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Gary, now when you want to get into a bar fight with someone, you can throw one of your gauntlets onto the floor and wail away!!!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
brothers

Post by brothers »

They're beautiful. Soft and comfortable too. They're going to be well used, and won't be so pretty after about 30 minutes of use.

Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Gary, now when you want to get into a bar fight with someone, you can throw one of your gauntlets onto the floor and wail away!!!
wins my vote for post of the year!!

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Use them in good health Gary.

working with rough terrain and chopping firewood etc, Ive lost all faith in being able to find a 'long lasting' leather glove. I now buy these now instead:
https://www.amazon.com/12-Pair-Showa-At ... es+-+Large
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Good morning Gents! Here is a follow-up from 5 years ago, when I bought my original pair of leather gauntlets. This week as I was performing (great word, don't you think!) some high intensity yard work involving chainsaw, chains, trimmer, weed-eater, tree and brush removal, blah, blah, blah, when I noticed that the tip of the right-hand middle finger glove had finally opened up a hole. Time for a new pair if they're still in production. I haven't yet searched, but I'm confident they're still available. I love my gauntlets.
PS: yes they're still available and yes I've bought my replacements. I should receive them very soon.
Gary

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

5 years is impressive. I'm lucky if I can get a pair of work gloves to last five weeks.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace